X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can old rounds be thrown out because of a ratings update

Ok so weird question, let's say I have a really bad round that is ALMOST bad enough to be thrown out because of the standard deviations from my rating. (This is Hypothetical, I fortunately don't have one of those rated rounds...yet) Suppose I play real well since then and my rating increases with the next rating update.
    Now that bad round IS outside the threshold compared to my new rating. Does that round now get removed or is it only considered for exclusion with my rating at the time I scored that round?
    Board Member of the West Sound Disc Golf Association
    Like us on Facebook! Facebook.com/WSDGA

Rounds can be excluded then re-included at every update depending on how you have been shooting. The Include/Exclude calculation is done at each update. We regularly see players where a low round was excluded in one update and gets included on their next update because the new rounds they added and those dropped (because they were more than 12 months older than the date of their most recent round) produced a higher standard deviation (i.e. were less consistent) than before.

Comment

thanks Chuck. As I was thinking about this I thought this could get iterative...
      Lets say my rating was 950(don't I wish?) and I have a round of 855. with the new update, my rating jumps to 956. Now that 855 should not be included. Without that round no longer counted couldn't my rating possibly jump to 957 now?
      Just curious about the math more than anything. Yes I am one of those geeks....

Comment

Yes. But we don't double weight your most recent rounds when determining your SD threshold so it's your straight average rating that's used for reference.

Comment

Thanks Chuck!
          My curiosity has been SAT-IS-FIED!

Actually one last question...If I have 17 rounds in the past year, 25%=4.25. Do you always round up? down? both?
          And sort of related, let's say my 25% means 4 rounds. If the 4th oldest round happens to be the later round of a two round C-tier do you actually count all rounds for that particular tourney? that day? or just the round that makes 4 recent rounds?

Comment

I believe:
            The most recent 25% is rounded up. So you're last 5 rounds are doubled.
            If your last 5 rounds consist of a (most recent moving back in time) "2 round tournament" + "2 round tournament" + "3 round tournament". The PDGA will double weight both "2 round tournaments" and your highest rated round from the "3 round tournament" no matter when it happened in the tournament.

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Awesome! Thanks again Chuck..
                And of course Mr. Anderson!!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...