Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

master math

Originally posted by Chuck Kennedy View Post
    Those are the age ranges used for the Senior Games for competitors over 50. I did a study that pros lose 1 throw (10 rating points) every 5 years on average starting at age 40. But I'm not sure that's enough to justify 5 year ranges until perhaps 60-65 where we didn't have enough data to see if it was still 1 shot lost per 5 years. It appeared to accelerate.
    Chuck,
    Thanks always for your input as I value your experience and knowledge about a lot of disc golf topics.
    I realize that these are 'averages' but I think that the lost shot numbers would accelerate quite a bit in the 45-60 range.
    I'm curious as to what the average rating for masters players would be?
    Then you could estimate what your rating would be after these 10 point drops.
    Yose
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    - Anonymous

Comment

I'm going to update these tables with 2012 data. However, I've had no sense that average numbers have changed much, just the number of players in each bracket has increased: http://www.pdga.com/files/documents/...008YearEnd.pdf

Comment

Here Here!!

Originally posted by Scotty B View Post
        It should not matter who you play against when it comes to rating based divisions. I am curious if rating based divisions are in our future what happens to all of the individuals that don't have a rating will they be unable to compete in tournament play. I like the idea but feel that some players might feel forced to join the PDGA so that they can compete or does the PDGA have an easy solution for the unrated players.
        This is completely the way to go in my opinion!! Initially some players will see major changes in their ratings when they consistenetly play with like-rated players....Some will excell. Some will crash with the pressure.

It would add a new 'relevancy ' to the ratings system for those of us who are not in it for the glory of the number :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty B View Post
          It should not matter who you play against when it comes to rating based divisions. I am curious if rating based divisions are in our future what happens to all of the individuals that don't have a rating will they be unable to compete in tournament play. I like the idea but feel that some players might feel forced to join the PDGA so that they can compete or does the PDGA have an easy solution for the unrated players.
          An easy solution would be to have a non rated class. Then next time the ratings come out you will have a rating. I like the Idea. It's better than what is going on now. It sucks for people who have to play against people who are well better than they are. This way we could all play for cash. It is the "Professional" Disc Golf Association right. Not Amateur. Their trying to eliminate the competitiveness at the amateur level by going trophy only anyway. I usually don't have a chance at a trophy but almost always place. That's my incentive. To come home with more than the next guy. Just like any pro wants to do. Why are amateurs any different? Isn't a tournament for finding out who is the best among those playing. Yes we should be having fun as well but just having fun isn't what a tournament is supposed to be about.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
          Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X