Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The PDGA Addresses Ratings Manipulation

The 888 Rule - Explained Here

This is an interesting rule change. I'm not sure that is exactly how I would have dealt with the issue, but at the very least it is an attempt to deal with it. People have been walking off during bad rounds to save their precious ratings for as long as I can remember.

As a TD, one point that I do like is our ability to give an 888 to someone who simply does not show up for their remaining rounds. Sure, there are occasions where it doesn't hurt anything, but there are also some instances where it throws a pretty serious wrench in the works. Now, all it takes to avoid the 888 is letting the TD know you are leaving.
    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Interesting rule, I think I like it. I did not see any penalty for 888 rounds after the first one, however. Only that your 6 month waiting time starts over.

Comment

Sounds fair to me.

Comment

It's about time, I'm tired of people caring more about their ratings then actually playing. I foresee a bunch of whining and sniveling pro's being pissed because their rating will now reflect their good and bad play.
        "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
        Cleveland Brown

Comment

We had so many TD complaints coming into the disciplinary committee. We wanted to eliminate that......and yes, this is a first attempt but a very good one I believe. It will probably be tweaked and changed a little after hearing some TD's comments. BUT a very good start......
          PDGA President

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca View Post
            We had so many TD complaints coming into the disciplinary committee. We wanted to eliminate that......and yes, this is a first attempt but a very good one I believe. It will probably be tweaked and changed a little after hearing some TD's comments. BUT a very good start......
            Nice work Rebecca and PDGA Board. Its nice to see things like this getting addressed.
            PDGA #25296
            Stumptown #34

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca View Post

LIKE!
              PDGA# 49616
              Stumptown# 353
              OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
              Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X