X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cherry Hill Money Round!

Second in the series of 10 dollar rounds. Will be held at Cherry Hill in CDA, November 10th, 2012. 10 dollar buy in, 5 dollar ace pot. 2 rounds. Nobody ace's we play off for the ace cash as a CTP. Enough people show, I will make an AM division and a PRO division so more people get a chance to cash. First place at the Corbin round today took home 70 bucks. All cash coming in goes directly back out at the end. I'll be doing these every two weeks until the disc golf seasons starts back up next spring! If you plan on being there, send a PM and we'll figure it out.

Thanks
    Stuart
    "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
    Cleveland Brown

Nice

Nice job, Stu. Way to make lemonade when your are just given lemons. Sorry your Corbin tournament didn't go as planned, but it sounds like you rebounded nicely.

Comment

Good Job yesterday Stu -- The addition of the 2 (par4 holes) alt tee-pads on 1 and 2 added a "hole" other element -- HAHAHHAHA

Are you planning on rotating tween Cherry Hill and COrbin for the Bi-Weekly or are you going to add another course?

Any word on the weekly ace-pot at Green Acres??

If it can fire off early enough in the AM on Sunday (we do church at 10:00) that would be sweet --

Keep us posted.

Mac

Comment

At this moment I just want to use Corbin and Cherry. I've thought about doing the same thing incorporating Downriver and Highbridge but there may be some issue's with that. I'll keep people posted if more interest is drummed up.

As for Greenacres, I haven't thought much about it. I'd have to drum up support for it first. Which could be easy to do if the ace pot was seeded before an event was thrown. I'll keep bouncing around idea's on that one too.
        Cleveland Brown

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
          As for Greenacres, I haven't thought much about it. I'd have to drum up support for it first. Which could be easy to do if the ace pot was seeded before an event was thrown. I'll keep bouncing around idea's on that one too.
          I don't think there would be enough scoring variation at Greenacres Park for scratch scoring play...could be interesting though because you would have to be on every shot to be able to compete. Good players should be able to shoot 9 down for each 9 holes with very little exception! An ace race type format sure could be interesting though. Not sure I'd be inclined to get there early enough to be done before 10am though, I'm usually just getting out of bed at that time on a Sunday

Farragut could be cool too for an early winter round or two. But getting up there early enough to get 2 rounds in before dark could be a problem.

Comment

If I was going to do a Farragut one, I'd do 27 holes like was done at the FDGA all year
            Cleveland Brown

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
              At this moment I just want to use Corbin and Cherry. I've thought about doing the same thing incorporating Downriver and Highbridge but there may be some issue's with that. I'll keep people posted if more interest is drummed up.
              I would love to see something like this at HB or DR, but on opposite weekends (duh: cant happen at the same time). I work on the weekends you plan on doing corbin/cherry so can't make it but would love to participate. I just hope the "issues" don't stop the fun for all.

Comment

Me likey--

The idea of an opposite organized money rounds being held EVERY weekend keeps some of us DISC Fiends occupied and putting up cash!!!

Soooooo in theory -- HB or DR would be this weekend (same day as the Stimpi Ridge Doubles match) then see everyone next weekend at Cherry -- then opposite course on the 17th (HB or DR)... Back to Corbin ...etc...etc...

As far as Green Acres goes -- 1 throw every hole. Ace Race it -- make it Quick and Dirty (or Rude as you Idahoians say)
                Heres a link
                http://nwdiscgolfnews.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9769

Winter Disc-Golfers -- F'IN HARDCORE!
                Last edited by Sgt_Mac; October 30th, 2012, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X