X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trojan & HH

A buddy and I are heading down to Trojan Friday night after work. I was wondering if any locals have any tips on places to camp in the area. We will be coming from Seattle. Also if anyone would like to play Trojan Saturday morning and Hornings Saturday afternoon/ Sunday morning hit me up!
    Thanks
    Nick

Sat there is a tourney a hornings FYI
    PDGA # 31451
    2 Mini Aces
    75 Aces
    PEOPLE WHO HELP ME LOTS IN DISC GOLF
    DISC GOLF OR DIE
    BOB CABAL
    DISCVANGO
    JEFF ELLIOT
    G-MAN
    JORDAN LEWIS
    JEFF HAGERTY
    JAMES GARCELON
    SAM GIBSON

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

Comment

Thanks for the heads up! Where can I find info on this tourny? Nothing listed in Oregon Events...

Comment

I see it in the calendar now. Thanks for the heads up! Could still use any info on camping up by Trojan for a night! Thanks

Comment

Your welcome, I'm not to sure but I think about 2-5 miles from there is camping.
          PDGA # 31451
          2 Mini Aces
          75 Aces
          PEOPLE WHO HELP ME LOTS IN DISC GOLF
          DISC GOLF OR DIE
          BOB CABAL
          DISCVANGO
          JEFF ELLIOT
          G-MAN
          JORDAN LEWIS
          JEFF HAGERTY
          JAMES GARCELON
          SAM GIBSON

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

Comment

even with a tourney at Hornings on Saturday, chances are they are not using all three courses, so I wouldn't let it stop you from playing such a wonderful location.
            'J'
            educate your thinking

Comment

yea worst case is you camp @ HH and play dusk/glow, then play Trojan while tourny is going on
              "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JMan View Post
                even with a tourney at Hornings on Saturday, chances are they are not using all three courses, so I wouldn't let it stop you from playing such a wonderful location.
                'J'
                ^^ This. Keep in mind Trojan is not that close to HH, but LL Stub Stewart is (about 25 min.), and I played it for the first time last week and really enjoyed it. Really fun course, and only a $5 park fee.
                Basket thieves

Comment

Originally posted by JMan View Post
                  'J'
                  They will be using only one course, so the rest will be open, and of course the tournament only goes to about 4 PM.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I believe we are going to camp near Trojan Friday night, play morning round @ Trojan then head to HH. So if anyone wants to play with some Wash. Boys shoot me a pm. ( we will not be discussing the hawks win) Also plan on playing Pier for the first time Sunday!

Comment

Just wondering if you have ever played Trojan? Cause I have and I live in portland and won't make the trip to that course. Bring some junk plastic with ya if you do decide to play there.

Camp at Stub, play there then go to HH for a late round.

Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Chopper View Post
                        Just wondering if you have ever played Trojan? Cause I have and I live in portland and won't make the trip to that course. Bring some junk plastic with ya if you do decide to play there.

Camp at Stub, play there then go to HH for a late round.

Just my opinion.
                        ... or... just don't throw it in the water...

yes, i probably have at least $100 worth of plastic in those ponds but i still think trojan is a great course... you have to play smart, tho...

it is good to know what you're getting yourself into, of course, and i can see why people wouldn't love it... just keep it in the fairway and play smart. this is not a course to spray your drives all over the place... it's about control.
                        "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                        Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by Chopper View Post
                          Bring some junk plastic with ya if you do decide to play there.
                          I've always found this to be a self-fulfilling prophecy. If I don't throw a disc often I'm less likely to know what it's going to do, which means it's more likely to flip when it's not supposed to (or vice versa), which means I end up losing more plastic than I otherwise would have.

Stick with what you know. Stash something away if it is absolutely priceless to you, but replace it with something similar. Like Emma says, play smart and stay in control and it's not that rough of a place.

Comment

Not to worry boys and girls. I am familiar with the beast that is Trojan. What's not to love about it. It's like a fountain hills for us here in the NW but just without a fountain. Heck it even has all the goose poop still! I mostly fill up with a bag full of chuckers and go for broke! Thanks for the warnings though!

Comment

Originally posted by aksargon14 View Post
                              Not to worry boys and girls. I am familiar with the beast that is Trojan. What's not to love about it. It's like a fountain hills for us here in the NW but just without a fountain. Heck it even has all the goose poop still! I mostly fill up with a bag full of chuckers and go for broke! Thanks for the warnings though!
                              word.
                              "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                              Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X