(beginner) I would like to learn from, or just play with, someone in shelton/olympia Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (beginner) I would like to learn from, or just play with, someone in shelton/olympia

I'm just getting started
    so I'm looking for someone to play with in, the shelton/olympia Wa. area.
    after work or on some weekends.
    I need practice and also more knowledge about the game.
    so if anyone needs another player, or feel like taking someone under their wing and do some teaching
    I am your guy

Matt,

You might try getting in touch with the guys who put in that amazing course up there, Mason Country Disc Golf club. You'd likely find exactly what you're looking for.
    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post
      I'm just getting started
      so I'm looking for someone to play with in, the shelton/olympia Wa. area.
      after work or on some weekends.
      I need practice and also more knowledge about the game.
      so if anyone needs another player, or feel like taking someone under their wing and do some teaching
      I am your guy
      Shelton Springs DGC, Wednesday nights @ 5:30 would be a good place to start. Random flip doubles, cost is $6. Its a good chance to meet some of the local players and play with different skill sets.

Elma, random doubles, Tuesday's @ 5:30, another good opportunity to meet some of the locals.

The Olympia club is going to be looking for help installing two new course's, work parties are a GREAT place to meet people! Stay tuned to the new course thread (Woodland Creek and Evergreen) to find out exactly when.

I hope that helps, welcome to disc golf!
      A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
        Matt,

You might try getting in touch with the guys who put in that amazing course up there, Mason Country Disc Golf club. You'd likely find exactly what you're looking for.
        Thanks bullseye,
        I have checked out their website (not much there)
        thought I might find one of those guys on here
        Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
        Shelton Springs DGC, Wednesday nights @ 5:30 would be a good place to start. Random flip doubles, cost is $6. Its a good chance to meet some of the local players and play with different skill sets.

Elma, random doubles, Tuesday's @ 5:30, another good opportunity to meet some of the locals.

The Olympia club is going to be looking for help installing two new course's, work parties are a GREAT place to meet people! Stay tuned to the new course thread (Woodland Creek and Evergreen) to find out exactly when.

thanks olydiscgolf,
        I was wondering about the doubles on wed. and wasnt sure exactly how it worked
        (if I needed a partner, or if I could show up solo)
        I will be checking that out
        (I just didnt want to saddle someone with my beginners skills, right off the start)

also,
        I did see the thread about the new courses.
        I would love to help you guys, when you get to the point of setting them up
        if its just some labor or maybe some materials and/or tools, I would love to help.

thanks for the input, Matt

anybody else?

Comment

Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post

I am new to Olympia and I have been to Shelton Springs, but I had not heard about Elma until now. Could anyone tell me how to get to the course?
          Last edited by Stephanie G; June 27th, 2012, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephanie G View Post
            I am new to Olympia and I have been to Shelton Springs, but I had not heard about Elma until now. Could anyone tell me how to get to the course/would anyone want to carpool from Olympia to the course?
            hi Stephanie
            here is the course info-http://www.nwdiscgolfnews.com/forum/...ead.php?t=2443

Comment

Thanks so much! I'll have to check it out sometime.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
              Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X