X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fort Steilacoom Friday 5/18

Might head up to Fort Steilacoom tomorrow morning with Nick Marshall. We are looking for someone that will show us the course. Any takers? Please?
    If we don't find someone to show us, will it be tough to navigate on our own? Neither of us have ever been up there.
    Brody Cannon
    PDGA #34008

There are maps of the two courses on dgcr. Not sure how updated they are but then again, there hasn't been too many changes to the layout for several years. Hopefully that will help if you can't find anyone.
    "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
    -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

These two maps are for the standard NW and SE layout, the FSO has some modifications and Mr. Rideout should be posting those soon. Enjoy!

The maps are at DGCR too, PDFed for better printing clarity
      http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=401&mode=lf
      Last edited by Mr. Anderson; May 17th, 2012, 03:19 PM.

Comment

What time were you thinking? I work in Lakewood and I play stilly about 4days a week. I could possibly do it depending on when u would be here?

Jason
        It ain't gonna be easy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by spanky11 View Post
          What time were you thinking? I work in Lakewood and I play stilly about 4days a week. I could possibly do it depending on when u would be here?

Jason
          We are going to get an early start, leaving the Portland area between 7-8. So I'm guessing we would be there by 11?
          Brody Cannon
          PDGA #34008

Comment

Wait, I'm confused. Are you guys telling me that there are 2 separate 18-hole courses? I thought there were only 27 holes up there.
            Brody Cannon
            PDGA #34008

Comment

Yes there is 2 18 hole courses at Fort Steilacoom. If you play both courses you will play 24/27 holes of the 27 hole lay out. The other3 of the holes on the 27 hole lay-out criss cross SE 5-8 area. I do not want to encourage people to throw on other groups so be careful!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
                Yes there is 2 18 hole courses at Fort Steilacoom. If you play both courses you will play 24/27 holes of the 27 hole lay out. The other3 of the holes on the 27 hole lay-out criss cross SE 5-8 area. I do not want to encourage people to throw on other groups so be careful!
                Ahhhh oh my gosh. No wonder I've avoided going up there. It all sounds so confusing! lol is there a map of the 27 hole layout?

And just to confirm, you are saying that there are 27 baskets used to form 2 separate 18-hole layouts in which some of the holes are used for both of the 18 hole layouts? I'm just confused because if I look at those maps, it looks like there are 2 completely separate courses that dont overlap..
                Brody Cannon
                PDGA #34008

Comment

Originally posted by TheCannon View Post
                  Ahhhh oh my gosh. No wonder I've avoided going up there. It all sounds so confusing! lol is there a map of the 27 hole layout?

And just to confirm, you are saying that there are 27 baskets used to form 2 separate 18-hole layouts in which some of the holes are used for both of the 18 hole layouts? I'm just confused because if I look at those maps, it looks like there are 2 completely separate courses that dont overlap..

No - there are two 18 hole layouts with 36 baskets. There are extra baskets on the property which are used for alternate layouts and an interweaving 27 hole layout. The two 18's (as marked on the above maps) are the two courses that should be played unless you know when and where to throw without causing major issues with other golfers.

Those two maps come together at Southeast 2 & Northwest 17. So you can try and envision the entire property.

Last edited by Rideout; May 17th, 2012, 08:23 PM.
                  WA ST Approved PDGA Schedule

4DiscGolf - a tournament directors best friend!!!

Tournament Directors - register your event HERE

Comment

There are 36 unique baskets making up the two courses. If you stick to the maps you should be able to navigate all the holes of the NW and SE. (there are 40+ baskets on the property, which adds to more confusion) The 27 hole lay out uses holes from both courses. I believe the 27 is the "original lay-out" and more land has been utilized to make two separate 18 hole courses.

You are correct, it is confusing and dangerous to have over-lapping course configurations. I do not like to encourage people to play the 27 hole layout. I especially to do not like that it shares and crosses other fairways of the SE course. The PCDGPA is working to install tee signs only marking the NW and SE.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
                      There are 36 unique baskets making up the two courses. If you stick to the maps you should be able to navigate all the holes of the NW and SE. (there are 40+ baskets on the property, which adds to more confusion) The 27 hole lay out uses holes from both courses. I believe the 27 is the "original lay-out" and more land has been utilized to make two separate 18 hole courses.

You are correct, it is confusing and dangerous to have over-lapping course configurations. I do not like to encourage people to play the 27 hole layout. I especially to do not like that it shares and crosses other fairways of the SE course. The PCDGPA is working to install tee signs only marking the NW and SE.
                      Okay thanks. That clears things up a lot. Hopefully based off the distances and the maps, we will find our way through the courses
                      Thanks for all the help guys! I'm super excited to go play one of the best courses in the Northwest!
                      Brody Cannon
                      PDGA #34008

Comment

Hey cannon i will be out there tomorrow and will be more than happy to give you a tour. I am a pro....well pro master now and have played there since 1994. I will pm you more info.
                        WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                        Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X