X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skyline golf course!

The new owner of skyline golf course is very receptive to disc golf and is letting us keep the baskets set up until this Sunday. A few of us are going up this Friday to play a couple of rounds with golf carts if you can go it would be cool to show him there is a great community of disc golfers. Oh ya he gave away a trip for two to Hawaii last weekend at DC Dans tournament it was supposed to be for an ace on the driving range, nobody got it so he made a circle and the CTP took it how cool is that. So let's show some support and make this a permanent thing. The course is behind the shell station in cathlamet on hwy 4 on the way to long beach show your support. Thanks #163

This is the first I've heard of Skyline being open again.
    The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
    ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
      This is the first I've heard of Skyline being open again.
      Ya the new owner was very excited to see us out there last weekend, and it would be very cool if we showed him some support. He also was selling beer dollar a can, energy drinks buck fifty, hell I even hit some golf balls. Hope to see you out there this Friday . Peace

Comment

I played this course 2 summers ago before it closed. Rented a cart and had a great time. It would be good to see them open back up, but the location is not convenient for me.
        Basket thieves

Comment

Originally posted by citizens arrest View Post
          Ya the new owner was very excited to see us out there last weekend, and it would be very cool if we showed him some support. He also was selling beer dollar a can, energy drinks buck fifty, hell I even hit some golf balls. Hope to see you out there this Friday . Peace
          You hit balls during our round last time. I hope I can make it.
          Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
          Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Comment

Let me know darr will do a carpool

Comment

This course is convenient for no one, that is not the point. I played Skyline a few times, it was fun! More interesting than Oakway or Portland Meadows. What is this about a DC Dan tourney? He would get more turnout if he publicized. Great idea to make a trip out there; next time schedule it when the majority of us are NOT at work. If Skyline remains open for DG, I will play it.
              Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
              Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
              Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
              Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
              Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
                This course is convenient for no one, that is not the point. I played Skyline a few times, it was fun! More interesting than Oakway or Portland Meadows. What is this about a DC Dan tourney? He would get more turnout if he publicized. Great idea to make a trip out there; next time schedule it when the majority of us are NOT at work. If Skyline remains open for DG, I will play it.
                DC Dan is not allowed to publicize his events on this site.

Comment

So wait, Skyline is open again but only until Sunday? I only got to play this course once and it is awesome but that is a tight window of opportunity. Any more info would be great.
                  If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up. - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                    Is DC Dan the Discvango guy? If yes and your post is correct, that answers a months old question.

Damn shame really. The Van is/was a great idea. Hard to make it work with no place to advertise.

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Hansen View Post
                      Is DC Dan the Discvango guy? If yes and your post is correct, that answers a months old question.

Damn shame really. The Van is/was a great idea. Hard to make it work with no place to advertise.
                      Well said Wes I think this is bullshit! This is a game that adults play for fun and it is a shame that there are so many ego's and politics in such a small disc golf community. This does not just hurt one person it hurts the whole disc community, I don't know the whole story but it better be good. I seem to remember this is one of the reasons I quit playing for about 21yrs and why the sport takes two steps forward and three back.

Comment

Ok So I see no proof. DC is Not a Banded Member and his events have been posted here. Look Here. I know his sub forum has been removed.

Hippy007

Comment

Originally posted by citizens arrest View Post
                          Well said Wes I think this is bullshit! This is a game that adults play for fun and it is a shame that there are so many ego's and politics in such a small disc golf community. This does not just hurt one person it hurts the whole disc community, I don't know the whole story but it better be good. I seem to remember this is one of the reasons I quit playing for about 21yrs and why the sport takes two steps forward and three back.
                          Kids play for fun too!
                          sigpic
                          http://www.discgolfscene.com/clubs/DISC_GOLF_OR_DIE

Comment

Originally posted by DGOD! Disc Golf View Post
                            Kids play for fun too!
                            I'm a biiiig kid to. It is none of my business or place to say anything about the way the TD'S run there tournaments or how they promote them I enjoy going out and competing with people I am lucky enough to throw with. I applaud any and all that take this chore on

Comment

Anyone know if Skyline still has baskets up or a current phone number so I can give them a call and ask myself?

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X