X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrace Creek, SeaTac, or Lakewood?

I am going to be in the Seattle area next week and will have a chance to play one (and only one) of these courses on Friday.
    The questions I have for all you Seattle area golfers out there are
    Which one would you recommend?
    Why do you recommend it?
    Which ones have family friendly amenities like a playground and open bathrooms?
    Throw What You Know.
    "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
    PDGA# 45989

Originally posted by Uhlman View Post
    I am going to be in the Seattle area next week and will have a chance to play one (and only one) of these courses on Friday.
    The questions I have for all you Seattle area golfers out there are
    Which one would you recommend?
    Why do you recommend it?
    Which ones have family friendly amenities like a playground and open bathrooms?
    Seatac is an awesome course for testing your skill and is the best course in the area in my opinion but in a crummy area. Not really a great course for taking children too but Lakewood might be more of your style. it's in a little better neighborhood (SLIGHTLY better) but is shorter and more fun and even has bathrooms and a playground on hole 14; Seatac doesn't have either one. Terrace is fun but muddy this time of year and there is always garbage strewn all over the course. Taking kids: Lakewood, challenge your game: Seatac. Terrace has a playground as well.
    Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
      Seatac is an awesome course for testing your skill and is the best course in the area in my opinion but in a crummy area. Not really a great course for taking children too but Lakewood might be more of your style. it's in a little better neighborhood (SLIGHTLY better) but is shorter and more fun and even has bathrooms and a playground on hole 14; Seatac doesn't have either one. Terrace is fun but muddy this time of year and there is always garbage strewn all over the course. Taking kids: Lakewood, challenge your game: Seatac. Terrace has a playground as well.
      What about bathrooms at Terrace?
      Throw What You Know.
      PDGA# 45989

Comment

Terrace has a port-o-potty, though conditions aren't guaranteed. Work has been done at Terrace recently to help mitigate the muddiness, but still, don't wear your Sunday best.

Seatac actually has a playground, just in a different corner of the park. I think there might be real bathrooms there too, but I'm not sure. Seatac would be my top choice for sure if I could only play one course while in the area.
        Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Yup, Tim knows what he's talking about. I had forgotten about the playground at Seatac as I don't and will never have children.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Yup, Tim knows what he's talking about. I had forgotten about the playground at Seatac as I don't and will never have children.

Thanks for the input... Looks like we are going to play Terrace Creek, as it is the closest to where we are staying. I do love me some sloppy golf. I will probably save Lakewood and SeaTac for when I have an entire day and can do both.
            Silly, Don’t sell yourself short, I am sure you will meet the right man someday, form a lasting partnership, and adopt an under privileged child from a foreign land (like Texas).
            Throw What You Know.
            PDGA# 45989

Comment

here we go

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                here we go
                Indeed.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by Uhlman View Post
                  Thanks for the input... Looks like we are going to play Terrace Creek, as it is the closest to where we are staying. I do love me some sloppy golf.
                  Make sure you bring a towel, and try to hook up with a local if possible. You'll almost certainly get lost if you try to navigate on your own. I think there's still bits of tape on the baskets to point you in the right direction, but it's still confusing for the first time.

Comment

I'm a local...

Not sure if you want a fag around kids or not...

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Off to CT we go!!!!!!

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

I'm a local...

Not sure if you want a fag around kids or not...
                        When did you start smoking?

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post

I like what you did there.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                            Pole?

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Back to the topic and getting away from the uneasiness Sillibizz is causing....

Another option is going a little farther north and hit Lake Stevens. Not sure how old your kids are but it has a huge and very cool playground the community built a few years ago. I spent many days there when the kids were little pants wetters.
                              http://www.livelakestevens.com/Thing...4/Default.aspx

There are also clean porta potties (kybos as we say in Iowa) next to them. Also, if it's raining this is probably the best protected course there is.

It's not real long, and the baskets piss a lot of people off, but it's challenging enough.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X