Traveling from Albany to P-Town any recomendations on places to play? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Traveling from Albany to P-Town any recomendations on places to play?

    Hey all, I got 2 weeks before school starts and will be day tripping to Potland. need some 411 on some corses up there because im sick of Addair and Bryant.

  • #2
    Check out Milo mciver state park, pier park, estacada timber park, and dabney state park. My four favorites in that order. Horning's hideout is fun, but the baskets SUCK.
    Jason

    Comment


    • #3
      Baskets at Hornings suck??? Yea, I hate those PDGA Championship Certified baskets, damn! And what's up with having 3 courses in one spot...you mean I'd have to choose between a pitch and putt to warm up, or play a Canyon course that includes 2 par 4s, elevation changes, tight fairways, and open bomber opportunities, or play the PDGA Gold rated Meadow Ridge course that includes par 4s, a par 5, and a cliff shot that drops over 100 feet...you're right, Horning's sucks, don't go there. Hell nobody plays there...

      Hit milo, pier, dabney, skip horning's, trojan (if you have the balls), North Bonnie (if you have the time), but by all means skip Horning's, nobody plays there...
      educate your thinking

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by JMan View Post
        Baskets at Hornings suck??? Yea, I hate those PDGA Championship Certified baskets, damn! And what's up with having 3 courses in one spot...you mean I'd have to choose between a pitch and putt to warm up, or play a Canyon course that includes 2 par 4s, elevation changes, tight fairways, and open bomber opportunities, or play the PDGA Gold rated Meadow Ridge course that includes par 4s, a par 5, and a cliff shot that drops over 100 feet...you're right, Horning's sucks, don't go there. Hell nobody plays there...

        Hit milo, pier, dabney, skip horning's, trojan (if you have the balls), North Bonnie (if you have the time), but by all means skip Horning's, nobody plays there...
        Oh ya and not to mention I heard this last weekend that the gold course is rank 3 in the world right now hmmmmmm but like he said dont go play hornings no one plays there lol
        PDGA # 31451
        2 Mini Aces
        75 Aces
        PEOPLE WHO HELP ME LOTS IN DISC GOLF
        DISC GOLF OR DIE
        BOB CABAL
        DISCVANGO
        JEFF ELLIOT
        G-MAN
        JORDAN LEWIS
        JEFF HAGERTY
        JAMES GARCELON
        SAM GIBSON

        And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

        George Carlin

        Comment


        • #5
          Don't know why people are telling you to skip hornings. Its got something for everybody, you can play three sweet 18 hole courses from begginer to advanced. Unique homemade steel baskets and night golf, you can camp and if you want seclusion, I can't think of a better place. However from albany its kind of a drive. And bring in something to eat cause you'll have to drive 8 mile to subway.
          Timber and milo are on you're way which are both fun. But if you are making a hole day of disc golf Milo will wear on you're arm. Huge holes but nicely manicured.
          Lots of locals play Pier. But personally I feel like all the holes have the same feeling.
          Dabney is a blast and if you go out to the gorge, great mixture of different shots,also go to Rooster rock, they are 7 miles apart, the scenery on the gorge is amazing. You're daily parking pass works on both. I live in vancouver and these are the courses I like and play most. Cause leverich is crowded, shady, and small.

          Comment


          • #6
            Me and a friend are heading to Trojan tuesday and Hornings on Thursday. If anyone wants to join us and show us Trojan that would be freaking sweet.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by zombie41 View Post
              Don't know why people are telling you to skip hornings. Its got something for everybody, you can play three sweet 18 hole courses from begginer to advanced. Unique homemade steel baskets and night golf, you can camp and if you want seclusion, I can't think of a better place. However from albany its kind of a drive. And bring in something to eat cause you'll have to drive 8 mile to subway.
              Timber and milo are on you're way which are both fun. But if you are making a hole day of disc golf Milo will wear on you're arm. Huge holes but nicely manicured.
              Lots of locals play Pier. But personally I feel like all the holes have the same feeling.
              Dabney is a blast and if you go out to the gorge, great mixture of different shots,also go to Rooster rock, they are 7 miles apart, the scenery on the gorge is amazing. You're daily parking pass works on both. I live in vancouver and these are the courses I like and play most. Cause leverich is crowded, shady, and small.
              look up sarcasm...
              educate your thinking

              Comment


              • #8
                If your disc flies like your sarcasm, I'll bet you throw 500 feet. LOL. Sorry I guess I just didn't get it. Didn't want any haters, flippin out about the disc golf mecca. Not to mention bob is one of the hardest working men I know. He puts his time into making sure others around him have a wonderful experience, wether its disc golf, fishing,camping, or staging a bluegrass festival that is unriveled. Also an amazing greeting of peecock everywhere. He has my whole familys vote for senator

                Comment


                • #9
                  I'm not at all slamming horning's! I love it there, just don't love the baskets that's all. Sorry for having an opinion.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I wanna go. Where are you going Friday?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      We are going to be in the Portland area and open to suggestions and meeting new friends to play so any recomendations and tee times we will be there.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I wish I could join you but I have to work at 2:00... GO TO HORNINGS HIDEOUT!!!!! Its the best place you will play out here. 54 holes ranging from begginger to pro. plus if you're there around noon, all of the peecock will be displaying thier tail feathers, there's even a few albino peecock. It might be raining this weekend, which is actually not a problem for hornings because most of the courses are in the deep forrest. If its raining hard check out the last 8 holes at dabney and Rooster rock east, they are both covered by forrest too. have fun man

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by chris7graham View Post
                          ... I heard this last weekend that the gold course is rank 3 in the world right now...
                          Hahahahahahaha

                          By Who?
                          By What Standards?

                          I'm sorry, but that is the most rediculous thing I've heard. Sorry, it is not ranked third in the world right now. Nor will it ever be, nor are there even a world ranking system for courses (that I know of) being published by any reputable sources.

                          hahahahah

                          Sorry, can't stop laughing.

                          If you are making the trip though, Hornings is fun to play
                          Team DISCRAFT
                          NW Sign Up
                          Gorilla Boy
                          Paragon Disc Golf
                          Odwalla

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by RonTheWhip View Post
                            Hahahahahahaha

                            By Who?
                            By What Standards?

                            I'm sorry, but that is the most rediculous thing I've heard. Sorry, it is not ranked third in the world right now. Nor will it ever be, nor are there even a world ranking system for courses (that I know of) being published by any reputable sources.

                            hahahahah

                            Sorry, can't stop laughing.

                            If you are making the trip though, Hornings is fun to play
                            I agree with Dion. Highlands and Canyon were tons of fun and well designed but Meadow Ridge course did not live up to all of the hype. There were a lot of holes that could have been way better than they were.
                            A par is not a bogey.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Thank you, Dion, for posting exactly what I was thinking.

                              Here's the thing... what if there was a reputable source who did nothing but travel around playing all of the courses he could find and then rating them in some sort of guide or book....

                              ...


                              ....


                              SHOTGUN!!


                              Now to unthreaddrift. Have fun. Enjoy Horning's. Welcome to the Mecca of Disc Golf that is Portland.
                              ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                              ~Annika SŲrenstam

                              Comment

                              Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X