X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• south bay area and monterey

Am visiting my friend who has cancer for a week. We in the Fremont area and monterey for the week. I looked online, said ryan ranch is overgrown and in horrible shape right now. What other courses near fremont - san jose and monterey should we check out?

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
    Am visiting my friend who has cancer for a week. We in the Fremont area and monterey for the week. I looked online, said ryan ranch is overgrown and in horrible shape right now. What other courses near fremont - san jose and monterey should we check out?

I enjoyed the CSUMB courses.

Comment

Coyote Creek & La Raza are probably the closest to Fremont, and they're not bad.

Down south, CSUMB is almost always playable, just watch out for poison-oak on the Oaks course.
      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Two words: De La

Comment

done de la, trying do new courses I didn't have chance to do before....

Comment

Did you play Black Mouse in Felton?
            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

I played Ryan Ranch two weeks ago and it was not overgrown- poison oak is present but is seldom on the fairway. Totally decent course with some serious distance on the back 9 of the 27 hole course. Good map avail. online. Check it out!!!!
              What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?

Comment

That was my hood for over 20 years and it is an absolutely wonderful area. I would recommend Aptos HS, which is a mini de la, black mouse, which plays through the redwoods. As for San Jose, De La Raza for sure, and add Hellyer to go with it for a fun 18, and it is only minutes away. Any further Q's, you can PM me.
                "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
                -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

did both hellyer and delaraza today. Was about 95-100 degrees out, hellyer definitely has the elevation but is on the short side while delaraza was much longer but not as enjoyable for some reason, quite a few walks to find baskets on almost every hole which in 100 degree weather was a bit brutal. Both were great 9 holers. Lets see what we hit up in the monterey area...

Comment

JR's right, check out Aptos HS, it's really not bad for a high school course.
                    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Gotta get to Pinto Lake if you make it over to the coast!

Comment

Originally posted by jaggarrett View Post
                        Gotta get to Pinto Lake if you make it over to the coast!
                        I disagree. The original nine has a few beautiful holes and a few where you're almost guaranteed to get poison-oak. The "new" nine are all in a big empty field with few or no obstacles.
                        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                        Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X