X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday golf, WA style

So I have Friday off and am heading up to the Tacoma area for the weekend. I'd really like to play a course or two while I am up there on Friday. I was thinking either Steilacoom or Sea-Tac. Any of you Tonians have some free time Friday afternoon for a round or two? I will be driving up from Portland that morning, so I am thinking early to mid afternoon.

Dave
    Huh...I didn't even see that tree.
    PDGA #37890
    Stumptown #157
    ODW TDG 10-11
    3C&D TDG 09-10

Dang, I'd love to join you, but don't know if I'd be able to make it. Seatac's the only one close enough to me, and even then, I wouldn't be able to make it down there until 5 or so. Plus, my back is a bit tweaked right now so, I'm taking some R & R. Seatac is a little ways from Tacoma, btw...the name is a little misleading, the airport is much closer to Seattle than Tacoma. Probably about an hour between the two, depending on where you're coming from. Both Steilly and Seatac are great courses though, best enjoyed if you have a guide though, ESPECIALLY Steilly.
    Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

I've only been able to play Seatac so far but if you are planning on headed up there, Friday is open for me. PM if/when you are headed up there.
      'Weekend 4 Women':
      Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
      Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

Dave - If you're going to make it as far as Seatac, I'd reccomend going about another five miles and playing Lakewood instead. Seatac is a great course, but pretty hard core. Very long.
        Lakewood is a little shorter, and provides great variety. It's one of my favorite courses.

Comment

http://www.odsa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=9521

Comment

Thanks those of you who replied with suggestions. Cefire I will PM you in the next couple of days once I have a better timeline for my trip and hopefully we can meet up and a round or two.

However I have 2 questions for Sean:
            1) Why paste a link to another forum? (I posted in both places knowing not everyone is on both forums)
            2) Why paste a link to a thread that has nothing really to do with this one?
            PDGA #37890
            Stumptown #157
            ODW TDG 10-11
            3C&D TDG 09-10

Comment

Originally posted by D-Walk View Post
              Thanks those of you who replied with suggestions. Cefire I will PM you in the next couple of days once I have a better timeline for my trip and hopefully we can meet up and a round or two.

However I have 2 questions for Sean:
              1) Why paste a link to another forum? (I posted in both places knowing not everyone is on both forums)
              2) Why paste a link to a thread that has nothing really to do with this one?
              I think I can answer for Sean.

1) He was pointing you to a thread with pertinent information, regardless of the forum.

2) You said you were looking for someone to play golf with near Seatac on Friday. He pointed you towards someone else looking to play in the same place at the same time. How is that not related?

Regardless, have a great time. I love both of those courses, and wish I could get back sometime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                How is that not related?

They are looking to meet up today, and I'm not heading up there for 3 more days. That's how they're not related. Plus like I said I posted on there as well to find someone to meet up with on Friday.

No worries. I have Cefire offering to meet up which I will probably take up on. I'm looking forward to checking out some new NW courses.
                PDGA #37890
                Stumptown #157
                ODW TDG 10-11
                3C&D TDG 09-10

Comment

Just my $.02, if you only have time to play 1 course in the Seattle area, and have an appreciation for what makes a course good (even if it kicks your ass), Seatac is the one to play. I can't really dis Lakewood, as I really like that course too, but the Tac is our premier course. Kinda like Milo and Timber down there, both good courses and right next to each other, but if you only have a chance to play one, then hands down, Milo wins. You MIGHT want to forego keeping score at Seatac, that generally helps to keep my spirits up there on most days.

Wish I could make it in time, and of course, that my back didn't feel like Wilford Brimley's. You should have a good time with Andrew though, he's a cool dude and a good player (further incentive for not wanting to keep your own score).
                  Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

You might consider playing at White River. There is a blue course for advanced players and red course for not so advanced players. It is a real nice course.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Walk View Post
                      They are looking to meet up today, and I'm not heading up there for 3 more days. That's how they're not related. Plus like I said I posted on there as well to find someone to meet up with on Friday.

No worries. I have Cefire offering to meet up which I will probably take up on. I'm looking forward to checking out some new NW courses.
                      So they are. For some reason, I read into it that they were looking to play on Friday.

Comment

So Andrew and I are going to meet up tomorrow afternoon at Lakewood. Depending on my laziness level and what time I actually hit the road, I am hoping to meet up around 1sh probably. If any of you are free and feel like playing, that's where we'll be. Feel free to PM me your number if interested and I will give you a text when I am heading up that way.

Dave
                        PDGA #37890
                        Stumptown #157
                        ODW TDG 10-11
                        3C&D TDG 09-10

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                        Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X