X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• easy like sunday morning...

out to trojan again 3/14... 9ish til 2 or 3ish...

peace,
    em
    "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
    Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

I'll be out there Saturday, Em. Should have walkouts/obs painted and baskets in their tournament placements, if they are not already.
    Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

Wow - so is the layout the same as for the RCO?

I won't be out at 9 a.m. but if I'm not at Hornings, I'm there...
      Last edited by erp; March 11th, 2010, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Not quite the same. The map that is posted in the Slosh thread is accurate as to where baskets will be. 1-12 are set at what is normally there. (10 will shoot from the road, across the pond with a drop zone where 10's tee used to be near the highway, same of the pond as the basket.) 13 will be in its long setting. 14 will be in its long setting on the sloping peninsula. 15 normal with an out-of-bounds line clearly marked on the south-side of the fairway - pavement will be ob, but there will be a line so as to avoid any confusion. 16 normal. 17 and 18 will be combined. New 18 will be just around the corner from "old" 18's basket, shoot across the water 315 ft. away to a spot locate between the bench and the man-hole thing sticking out of the ground. Road and water will be o.b. on this hole - not the trail. (I'll articulate this better in the other thread.)
        Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

At least it doesn't look like you have to throw 315' to cross the water.

Emma, you're going to pay for putting Lionel Richie in my head - this is going to stick for days.

At least it's the Commodores...I kinda figured followers of the IJ would be more Parliament/Sly and the Family types.

Just goes to show what I know...

Comment

Originally posted by all2common View Post
            I'll be out there Saturday, Em. Should have walkouts/obs painted and baskets in their tournament placements, if they are not already.
            woo hoo! (altho, seriously, like that course isn't hard enough... ).

i'll let my dad know that it's going to be set up for the tournie... he was thinking about not coming to play with me... but that might change his mind.

thanks, man!
            peace,
            em

Comment

Originally posted by erp View Post
              At least it doesn't look like you have to throw 315' to cross the water.

Emma, you're going to pay for putting Lionel Richie in my head - this is going to stick for days.

At least it's the Commodores...I kinda figured followers of the IJ would be more Parliament/Sly and the Family types.

Just goes to show what I know...
              ... i wanna be hii-iigh... so high... i wanna be free to know the things i do are rii-ight...

... how do you think i feel? it's stuck in my head and i don't even really know the words...

Comment

p.s. and you're lucky... considering my profession, it could've been some kind of raffi nonsense... did you ever see a llama, kissing your mama? down by the bay...

Comment

Not quite the same. The map that is posted in the Slosh thread is accurate as to where baskets will be. 1-12 are set at what is normally there. (10 will shoot from the road, across the pond with a drop zone where 10's tee used to be near the highway, same of the pond as the basket.) 13 will be in its long setting. 14 will be in its long setting on the sloping peninsula. 15 normal with an out-of-bounds line clearly marked on the south-side of the fairway - pavement will be ob, but there will be a line so as to avoid any confusion. 16 normal. 17 and 18 will be combined. New 18 will be just around the corner from "old" 18's basket, shoot across the water 315 ft. away to a spot locate between the bench and the man-hole thing sticking out of the ground. Road and water will be o.b. on this hole - not the trail. (I'll articulate this better in the other thread.)
                  315 ft? what?! i can't even throw 315 ft!! nonsense and shenanigans, you crazy freaking disc golfing fools...

i will be falling asleep until the slosh visualizing 350 foot throws... visions of big arms dancing in my head...

...sheesh...

Comment

Originally posted by frizbeerose View Post
                    315 ft? what?! i can't even throw 315 ft!! nonsense and shenanigans, you crazy freaking disc golfing fools...

i will be falling asleep until the slosh visualizing 350 foot throws... visions of big arms dancing in my head...

...sheesh...
                    It looks like you can play much shorter, and safer, if you so desire.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                      phew! thanks, scott... still... visions of big arms may not be a bad way to go.

peace,
                      em

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                        Correct. As with most of Trojan, the hole allows you to make well-placed safe shots.

Comment

well-placed safe shots.
                          haha! my specialty.

peace,
                          em

p.s. thanks for your hard work making this tricky course even trickier

Comment

Correct. As with most of Trojan, the hole allows you to make well-placed safe shots.
                            Just be sure to hit the proper sides of the well placed trees.
                            The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                            ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
                              Just be sure to hit the proper sides of the well placed trees.
                              ... right... easy! (like sunday morning... )

peace,
                              em

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X