X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jevon View Post
    Yeah, that was pointed out back in post #3. Thanks for playing along at home though!
    I read post #3 as well, but unlike your(seemingly oblivious)self, I didn't proceed to make 3 posts that had zero information that was being requested. Maybe I missed the group 'joke'?

If you have time for a full day of disc golf, I'd consider(getting a guide &) going to Steilly in Tacoma for a few rounds... check it out on DGCR. It's just under an hour from downtown Seattle.
    Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Lakewood would be your best bet if you only have time for one round. If there is time for more, I recommend Seatac or Whiteriver...although BA would love to share his margarita (using two straws) in his nalegene water bottle while showing you his magical forest in Lake Stevens.

Seriously though, stick to Seattle.
      "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
      -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Here is the final word:
        If you want to play the best course, play Sea Tac. Don't waste your time at Lakewood, unless you have time to play both courses.
        Sea Tac is so close to the airport that you could drop in to it from your airplane ala Arnold as John Matrix in Commando
        "I love it when a plan comes together" -John 'Hannibal' Smith

Comment

I am planning to hit Lakewood. I will get in to Seattle at 1030 on Saturday then I hope to hit the course about 2pm. Let me know if anyone is free to hit it up.

Comment

Originally posted by camgolfer View Post
            I am planning to hit Lakewood. I will get in to Seattle at 1030 on Saturday then I hope to hit the course about 2pm. Let me know if anyone is free to hit it up.
            Should be plenty of peeps out that day.
            Last Saturday both Seatac and Lakewood were very crowded.
            Your timing should be fine as far as weather. We have not had freezing temperatures here since mid December last year, but this week winter has returned to Seattle, with some snow flurries near sea level in some areas.
            The cold weather is expected to stay all week , but by the weekend, it looks ok.
            The forecast for the White Center area is;
            Saturday: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 50.

Seatac is five minutes away from Lakewood.
            Lakewood is an average course, but Seatac is one you wont soon forget.
            If you only have time for one, you should play Seatac.

Comment

I am actually thinking of making the trip out to scott papa's place. any thoughts on Dalaiwood?

Comment

Yeah, Dalaiwood is cool, very tight and technical and has the homey atmosphere you can only get with private courses. It's a bit of a drive over there, especially to just play one round. If you were to make the trip, I'd recommend driving south around the sound, playing Dalaiwood, then hitting up NAD in Bremerton, and then taking the ferry back to Seattle.

Oh, and if you haven't made up your mind yet, don't let these guys dissuade you from Lakewood. We only have the 4 courses in Seattle so they start to get old after a while. Lakewood might seem "average" to us now, but I remember how nice it seemed when I first moved here. Seatac is my favorite, but it's arguable that Lakewood is the most "fun" course in Seattle. Edit: Do be aware though, that it'll also be the most crowded.
                Last edited by Tim; March 9th, 2010, 06:21 AM.
                Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

I second Tim's around-the-sound recommendation. Spend the whole day and hit up the Kitsap County Fairgrounds course and you have completed the Triumvirate of West Sound Awesomeness.
                  The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                  Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X