Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Batting .285 with discers in birdie position. Well, it's above the Mendoza line anyway...

Looks like Chris may have offered to show you around Seatac, our most challenging and picturesque course in Seattle... I would suggest a 'feel good' round at Lakewood afterward, just in case you don't tear up the back 9 at Seatac. I'd like to join you guys at either course if I'm free that particular day.
    Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
      Not quicker, probably not easier, just more worthwhile.
      Straight shot down Columbia as opposed to going to SW Portland? I guess you're right and you should share whatever you've been smoking...

Comment

I was talking about Seattle, but there could be many Emerald Cities I suppose.

Event this one...

Comment

Originally posted by jevon View Post
          Straight shot down Columbia as opposed to going to SW Portland? I guess you're right and you should share whatever you've been smoking...
          But Lunchtime is right off the freeway.

I tend to trust Google Maps for driving times, and they're saying 29 minutes for Pier vs. 22 for Lunchtime.
          Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
            But Lunchtime is right off the freeway.

I tend to trust Google Maps for driving times, and they're saying 29 minutes for Pier vs. 22 for Lunchtime.
            Google is hardly ever right with driving times. 12 miles to Pier and 16.5 to Lunchtime. Nevermind any traffic on the freeway...

Comment

Well, obviously it depends on the time of day. If it's rush hour, then 84 sucks, no doubt.
              Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by jevon View Post
                Google is hardly ever right with driving times. 12 miles to Pier and 16.5 to Lunchtime. Nevermind any traffic on the freeway...
                ... never mind nothin'... driving times, whatever... pier vs. lunchtime? pier every time even if it's an extra hour to get there... i do believe pretty much any golf is good golf, and no one probably needs to know how i feel about lunchtime, but... ewww... i would never recommend to anyone to play that park...

... i know, unnecessary crankiness...
                "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by frizbeerose View Post
                  lunchtime, but... ewww... i would never recommend to anyone to play that park...
                  Especially if you don't want to work on your distance, upshots, wind management, handling OB, putting high, rollaway greens, blind shots, etc...
                  Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                  Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                  Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                  Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                  Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

I believe the man said 'Emerald City', not 'Rose City', but go ahead, take it and run with it... you should tell him to get in a quick round at Whistler's Bend while you're at it. It's not far from the State of Jefferson Airplane Station I hear.
                    Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
                      wind management
                      True that. Playing Lunchtime on east wind days is a pain and a half.
                      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
                        Especially if you don't want to work on your distance, upshots, wind management, handling OB, putting high, rollaway greens, blind shots, etc...
                        ... i know, i know... a lot of folks i golf with adore lunchtime... and like i said, unnecessary crankiness...

... it just lacks ambience, i s'pose...

peace,
                        em
                        "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                        Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Puttzinski View Post
                          I believe the man said 'Emerald City', not 'Rose City', but go ahead, take it and run with it... you should tell him to get in a quick round at Whistler's Bend while you're at it. It's not far from the State of Jefferson Airplane Station I hear.
                          May as well toodle on over to De Laveaga too and make an afternoon of it.

Seriously though, camgolfer, welcome to Seattle in advance. Post here again when your trip gets a little closer (sometimes we have memory problems), and I'm sure we'll be able to find someone to show you around.
                          Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Puttzinski View Post
                            I believe the man said 'Emerald City', not 'Rose City', but go ahead, take it and run with it...
                            Yeah, that was pointed out back in post #3. Thanks for playing along at home though!

Comment

Glad I could be of assistance. You may avail yourselves of my superior comprehension skills at any time.
                              Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                              Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                              Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                              Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                              Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

SeaTac & Lakewood are both the closest, but Lake Fenwick and White River aren't too much farther, although out of the four, I'd recommend Lakewood. If you're interested in picking up a local stamped disc, Chainbangerz disc golf store is also very local and minutes away from SeaTac & Lakewood. I'm up for playing, if you end up needing help.
                                ccovington4169@aol.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X