X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• next weekend

so yeah next weekend my grp and i r talkin about pier park and trojan. maybe next sunday. if a local could show up to show off the course that would be great

so we r gonna be down at peir and tojan this weekend.any advise on what course to play first or things to look at for????

Comment

Pier and Trojan

Originally posted by mazza View Post
      so we r gonna be down at peir and tojan this weekend.any advise on what course to play first or things to look at for????
      Be sure to print out course maps. Pier is fairly easy to follow until hole 10. Many people walk off of 9 and play 12 missing 10 and 11. Also, 13 can be easily missed. There is a sign after 9 pointing to 10. Just be sure to walk past hole 12 teepad. After 12, walk S/SW to hole 13 teepad. After 14, walk N/NW to the N side of the tennis courts for 15 teepad.

As for Trojan, park on the levy when you enter the park. Hole 1 basket is directly on your left (W) when you enter. The teepad for 1 is W of the basket across the field at the end of the sidewalk. After hole 7, go to the right (E) side of the foot bridge and play to the basket on the peninsula. Hole 12 teepad is on the left (W) side of the bridge and plays to the basket across the water. Holes 8-11 play in a clockwise circle around the water. After 8, walk clockwise around on the sidewalk and you should find 9 teepad. After 9, walk up to the road where there are two teepads. The first has you throwing over the water. Continue down the road and the second teepad is at the end having you throw along the bank. After 12, there is a long walk to 13 teepad which is an old helicopter landing pad. Lots of water comes into play at Trojan, so be prepared. The chanels have a steep drop off, so discs often find their way to the middle.

Hope this helps.

Comment

The earlier you get to Pier, the less crowded it will be. Not as big of an issue in the winter, but you may run into some backups if the sun peeks out for a few hours.

Trojan gets really soggy on a few holes, particularly 10 and 11, I think. You may either need rubber boots, or skip those holes.

Comment

alright i will find a good map of both courses....and i am hoping to leave tacoma around 6 am.. u think we'll beat the crowds?. so alot of water at tojan sounds like i may want to bring my wet suit just in case(also a video camera for laughs)

Comment

alright i will find a good map of both courses....and i am hoping to leave tacoma around 6 am.. u think we'll beat the crowds?. so alot of water at tojan sounds like i may want to bring my wet suit just in case(also a video camera for laughs)
            The channels are about 6' deep in the middle. Typically a 2-3' drop from the edge, a small bench, then another 3' drop.

Comment

Originally posted by OkieinOR View Post
              The channels are about 6' deep in the middle. Typically a 2-3' drop from the edge, a small bench, then another 3' drop.
              Don't forget to mention the monsters that lurk about!

Comment

That should get you to Pier around 8:30, which will be plenty early. Crowds start to form later in the morning and will last all day, but only if the weather is nicer. You'll likely see no other golfers at Trojan, so it makes sense to save that one for later in the day.

After Trojan, you can head up Longview and hit I-5 significantly north of Portland. That will save you a lot of backtracking.

Comment

I would love to show you around Pier... but I will be out at HH practicing for the Hoedown... hope you have wonderful rounds!
                  "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                  Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

how much further is hh from torjan... just might play pier then hh

Comment

Roughly 45 minutes. There should be a bunch of people practicing for a tournament the next day, but with 54 holes there is plenty of room to spread out.

Comment

how much further is hh from torjan... just might play pier then hh
                        yeah... Horning's is about 45 minutes from Pier... get directions from someone on here if you want to head out there... I've heard GPS and Google, etc. are unreliable... which is silly 'cause it's actually pretty simple... my vote for you would be Pier and Horning's instead of trojan... but I'm totally biased as those are my two fav places... Pier 'cause of the stately firs and Horning's 'cause it feels like home and has three courses to choose from...

peace,
                        em

Comment

coo i'll talk to my grp and see how they feel about it

Comment

coo i'll talk to my grp and see how they feel about it
                            Either way, I'm sure you'll have an excellent time... I know a lot of people who totally dig trojan... I just hear about people losing discs all the time and since I'm pretty attached to all my plastic I still have yet to venture out there to play... plus it's a heck of a treck for me since I come all the way from the Coast Range...

peace,
                            em

Comment

i'm making the trip from tacoma,wa

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X