X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Juniper Hills 7/3 or 7/5

I'm heading to my private course above the Prineville reservoir this weekend and am going to attempt to talk the wife into stopping in Madras on the way to/from there. Anyone want to meet up?

On a side note, does a 3 hole object course in the middle of the desert count as a course? You bet it does! Sure could use a work party though...

Originally posted by jevon View Post
    I'm heading to my private course above the Prineville reservoir this weekend and am going to attempt to talk the wife into stopping in Madras on the way to/from there. Anyone want to meet up?

On a side note, does a 3 hole object course in the middle of the desert count as a course? You bet it does! Sure could use a work party though...
    Juniper Hills counts as a private course - you're not likely to find anyone else there.

I'm planning on making it over there later this month and hope to get a few rounds in. It's a really nice little course with some great holes - especially the #8 "top of the world" shot.

On a related note, have you played the course in Prineville? Is it still there? I played it 3.5 years ago and it was an overgrown disaster. I was wondering if it is still there and if it had been cleaned up. I think I heard once that the city was considering moving the course.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
      On a related note, have you played the course in Prineville? Is it still there? I played it 3.5 years ago and it was an overgrown disaster. I was wondering if it is still there and if it had been cleaned up. I think I heard once that the city was considering moving the course.
      From what I've read it is not worth playing so I never stopped. Maybe I'll check it out just to get a firsthand account of it though.

Comment

Originally posted by jevon View Post
        From what I've read it is not worth playing so I never stopped. Maybe I'll check it out just to get a firsthand account of it though.
        There are a few holes that have great potential - over and next to the Crooked River - but it was crazy overgrown when I was there.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
          Juniper Hills counts as a private course - you're not likely to find anyone else there.

I'm planning on making it over there later this month and hope to get a few rounds in. It's a really nice little course with some great holes - especially the #8 "top of the world" shot.

Actually Scott, it is #7 that has the "top of the world" shot. Fun course, just not at mid-day in the summer!

Rimrock does not appear to be in the ground. We parked after getting a couple cones of icecream to walk around and check it out. The practice basket, #9 basket, and #1 teepad are there as well as the kiosk with the map. I looked across the creek and couldn't see anything so we walked across the bridge. Nothing. It looks like new landscaping so that would explain the baskets being pulled, but no info and not a single anchor or teepad spot in sight makes me wonder if it is being reinstalled or not.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
          Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X