X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heading to Pier Park

I got the day off work and thinking about ging to Pier park for 18.
    Let me know what time ? Rick
    PDGA 38153
    STUMPTOWN 158

Off to Pier Park

I am going to be there around 12:30pm. I have a white hat and a beard if you want to play a round.

Derek

Comment

I must of just missed ya.
      PDGA 38153
      STUMPTOWN 158

Comment

Originally posted by topdawgy58 View Post
        I must of just missed ya.
        I arrived around 12:45 and warmed up by the practice basket for quite a while. Had a decent round of 55. I am finally starting to feel a bit comfortable at pier. I still have tons of trouble with 14 though. that hole just does not fit my natural throw. I have to come up with something else.

Derek

Comment

Maybe next Time

Originally posted by DerekMc View Post
          I arrived around 12:45 and warmed up by the practice basket for quite a while. Had a decent round of 55. I am finally starting to feel a bit comfortable at pier. I still have tons of trouble with 14 though. that hole just does not fit my natural throw. I have to come up with something else.

Derek
          I still need alot of practice at pier. Maybe we can hook up this weekend.
          Let me know when.
          I also live next to Leverich park if you want to play it some evening.
          Take Care Rick
          PDGA 38153
          STUMPTOWN 158

Comment

I still have tons of trouble with 14 though. that hole just does not fit my natural throw.
            How are you playing it? I used to have good luck throwing a right-handed backhand roller down the left slot... then I realized that if I made the same throw with a moderately overstable disc, the anhyzer would still get it through the first trees, but then it'd flatten out and glide toward the basket -- it's a little more predictable, and usually farther, than throwing the roller.
            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

The appropriate way to play hole 14 is a forehand anhyzer flex shot through the right gap with some stable like a teerex.

Comment

Hole 14:Wraith(something flippy)rhbh straight down the gut.

Comment

Originally posted by KenGilmore View Post
                  The appropriate way to play hole 14 is a forehand anhyzer flex shot through the right gap with some stable like a teerex.
                  So, basically the mirror image of my method.
                  Oregon disc golf map

Comment

I havent tried Ken's method yet, but I have a few discs that could pull off that route no problem. It is a great forehand flex shot for sure. I dont know if I can get my Teerex's do to it with my throw, but one of my Grooves could do it, no problem.
                    All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions. I will try a couple of them next time I am there. The forehand flex shot sound great and makes sense. My problem with all forehands is that they hurt my arm which makes it hard to practice them. I played Ultimate for years and never had any problems but that is no the case with disc golf. Maybe it's age related now that I qualify as a master.

Derek

Comment

backhand annie down the left side, I use a Force, it pans back sweet.
                        educate your thinking

Comment

Nobody has mentioned my favorite shot on this hole: Right up the middle. I throw forehand and have had the most success with a Champion Orc.

Comment

Derek
                            Backhand roller through the left side gap.
                            "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Best shot I've witnessed on the hole was Kevin Aylward last year at Pier dubs. Destroyer up the gut, hit the pin. RHBH

My best throw was a Sidewinder up the middle to the white stake. RHBH

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X