Stumptown Bag Tag Match on Sunday 17 at 11am at MILO 1 E. register at 10:45 am Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stumptown Bag Tag Match on Sunday 17 at 11am at MILO 1 E. register at 10:45 am

All stumptowners with tags and those who want to buy a tag-

We will meet at Hole 1 East at Milo on Sunday May 17th for a 27 hole bag tag match. If you don't have a tag, there will be some for sale.

Kent Smothers will be there to collect tags and run the match.

We will start promptly at 11am. Please be there to turn in your tag and register by 10:45 so we can send out the first groups by 11am

Should be gorgeous day at Milo!

See you there
    Training to be a bagger

What pads will we be playing from?

Comment

Originally posted by Pizzel View Post
      What pads will we be playing from?
      Pro pads. and we will have a twist as well that you must come play to see.
      Training to be a bagger

Comment

How about the twist be to help out the volunteers who are giving up the day to play to work on the course by making groups carry a garbage bag and help clean up the course as you go.
        PDGA #25296
        Stumptown #34

Comment

Originally posted by Flash View Post
          How about the twist be to help out the volunteers who are giving up the day to play to work on the course by making groups carry a garbage bag and help clean up the course as you go.
          Glad to do that too brother but still not the only twist.
          What time are the volunteers going to be out there and when will they be finished? Perhaps some of us can join you when we finish or before we start?
          I am assuming that most of it is mowing?
          Training to be a bagger

Comment

Originally posted by smobro View Post
            Glad to do that too brother but still not the only twist.
            What time are the volunteers going to be out there and when will they be finished? Perhaps some of us can join you when we finish or before we start?
            I am assuming that most of it is mowing?
            Jeff Mittl had a good idea in which BOB carries the bag between holes.
            Current World Rank: 2857th
            Lowest Rated Round: 777
            Worst Tournament Finish: 2nd From DFL MA2 GNO 2008
            Worst Drive: 10 Feet behind teepad
            Shortest Putt Missed During a Tournament: < 1 foot (Not Kidding)
            Best Fall: Hole 11 Trojan Park, before cement teepads
            Dirtiest Ace: Hole 12 Horning's Canyon Course through the "V" tree.
            Pairs of Shoes Ruined: 6

Comment

I'd love to come. Anyone from the west side mind picking me up downtown?

Dammit... now I sound like Troy...

Time to renew the membership and get a tag, I guess.
              ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

That was quick. I believe I am covered. Thanks, Josh! See all you taggers out there.
                ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Wow, Milo is going to be THE place to be on Sunday. Bag Taggers, course work for the Fling, Chick Flick, AND random players. Great time to get the word out about the Fling Clinic. I'll be out there!

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Flash View Post
                    My husband and I did that last Saturday when we played, and picked up over 50 cans & bottles plus one plastic doggy poop bag. I will make sure all of the chickflick groups carry garbage bags with them Sunday when we are there.

Cindy
                    Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                    2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                    Stumptown #176
                    PDGA #37716

Comment

Originally posted by keys View Post
                      Jeff Mittl had a good idea in which BOB carries the bag between holes.
                      If I were a 965 rated player I would totally agree. Otherwise on my card it would just be Smo carrying the fricking thing for 27 holes. I guess that is sort of a metaphor for my game
                      Training to be a bagger

Comment

results are on Disc Golf Scene by tomorrow

Great day of tagging at Milo. We sold 3 new tags and 1 new Stumptown membership.
                        Pinkal kept the low tag by shooting 87, followed by tag#13 going to Tom Dooley who shot 97, and Sma Gibson traded his new #80 tag for a bright shiny #24 tag by shooting an even 100. The rest of the results will be on Disc Golf Scene shortly.

The park was a mad house but it was awesome to see all the people having a great day throwing plastic and getting a tan.

Here comes the FLING!

Jeff and Flash and tons of other volunteers were out today, cleaning, mowing and getting the course ready. PLEASE don't stop thanking them. It has been an enormous personal committment for each of them.
                        Training to be a bagger

Comment

and Sma Gibson traded his new #80 tag for a bright shiny #24 tag by shooting an even 100.

Sorry, Sam Gibson is what I meant to type. I may have had too many after golf cocktails.
                          Training to be a bagger

Comment

Originally posted by smobro View Post
                            and we will have a twist as well that you must come play to see.
                            What was the twist?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                              What was the twist?

Oh Scott, the rule was " you have to come and play to find out" . Now surely you would not want me to compromise my integrity and share it with you on this public forum? In other words, we missed you out there. Wish you could have made it. (don't tell anyone, but I just added the "twist" thing to get people more interested in showing up. I am so sneaky)
                              Training to be a bagger

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X