Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lessons

Hello all,

I have recently found myself without employment so as a temporary income I am offering to give some disc golf lessons. I live in Sumner, Wa but am willing to travel. Price is as follows,

30 min tune up $20
    60 min lesson $30
    Either lesson with a Playing lesson add $15
    Playing lesson $20
    Set of 5 30 min lessons $80
    Set of 5 60 min lessons $120
    Group lessons add $10 per person

Junior lessons
    30 min lesson $10
    60 min lesson $15
    Playing lessons are free with either lesson
    Playing lesson $5
    Set of 5 30 min lessons $40
    Set of 5 60 min lessons $60
    Junior group lessons add $5 per junior.

Please PM or send am email to redfivediscgolf@gmail.com with interest or questions.

Thank you,
    Enjoy the day,

Chris Waugh
    Click here

Challenge disc golf

I had a lesson a few days ago with Chris, and I can say with certainty that there is no substitute for having a pro analyze your game and give you feedback.

I went to Chris for a lesson primarily because my shots are quite inconsistent. I knew what a couple of the weaknesses in my form were, but a lot of times I wasn't totally sure what was causing some of my errant throws. I also felt like there are so many different kinds of changes I could make, how would I ever know which changes would be most effective for me? Rather than go through a lengthy, frustrating process of trial and error trying to figure out how to improve my form, I decided to let a pro point me in the right direction... enter Chris Waugh.

A little about my experience with Chris:
    He is not only a great player; he is truly an excellent teacher. After watching me throw only a few shots, he could already detect a couple of my imperfections I was aware of, plus some things I'd never noticed before, but which made sense immediately. He identifed several ways for me to make small changes in my form to find more consistency. The biggest general thing I took away from my lesson is that I had too many variables in my throw. Chris showed me how to simplify my motion and get a more controlled shot, with better balance.

Some of his help may be quick fixes, and there will be other things you'll take away from the lesson and be able to continually work on. Now when I have a bad throw it's easier to hone in on what may have caused it so I can make adjustments, and this helps me reinforce and implement the things I learned during my lesson. I've never improved at this sport faster than I have since the afternoon I spent with Chris.

I would also recommend playing a round with him after the lesson, to immediately put your new-found techniques to work in the "real world," and to let Chris help you from reverting back to your old bad habits. Plus, he's a cool guy! It's a lot of fun to play a round with him and have him share what goes on in his head as he works his way through a course.

Chris, you should seriously consider making a full-time job out of this! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
    -- Kyle
    anything truly worth doing is not likely to be easy.

Comment

Thank you for the kind words. I appreciate the good feedback. It is good to hear that I was able to help so much. Best of luck in the future.

I will be giving a series of lessons near lakewood in south seattle coming up. If there is anyone from the seattle area that might want to book a lesson I will be heading in that direction in the near future. For the southsounders I am always in the neighborhood, don't be shy. Thanks all!
      Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

I just had a lesson with Chris today and I am starting to feel like I know what I'm doing out there on the course. I threw a couple of times and he showed me I had a grip issue, which he fixed and the next shot went another 75 feet past the others. I have some other driving technique issues that Chris is working with me on that I know is going to get better. I have been playing for about six years but still I constantly throw wild shots and only about 275 feet if I'm lucky. I finally feel like if I practice the things that Chris has taught me, I can get to where I feel I should be, which is under par. Chris is a very laid back and nice guy and his insight for everything disc golf if amazing to me. If you are any skill level below a pro I highly recommend taking a lesson or two from Chris, it will be well worth it!
          Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Thanks for the feed back. The improvement was visible immediately with the improved grip for sure. thanks for the round afterwards also, good times. Spend some good time in the field and the results will only improve. Thanks tom!
            Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

I have been putting the many things Chris has taught me to work and I am really throwing well now. I am consistantly out driving my friends and getting under par, Chris is a miracle worker. I am so happy both for how much I have improved and for the speed of which I have improved. Thank you again Chris!
              Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Junior lessons are now free!
                Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Can I have a lesson?
                  Team Innova
                  Team LSDiscs
                  Team Stimpi
                  Team Challenge
                  Team Oly
                  Team Fry
                  2009 USDGC Washington State Representative
                  PDGA #25541

Comment

I offered at sea tac and you refused. Something about 1 rating point. We could have a playing lesson and the loser has to pay for the lesson. Hit me up next time you come south.
                    Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Originally posted by REDFIVE View Post
                      Junior lessons are now free!

You da man Chris! Hope to link up with you before the end of summer.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                      Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X