Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A visiting Chedderhead to Seattle

Hey all!

I just started up Disc Golf in the Madison, WI area. Absolutely love it and was wondering if any local Seattle players mind hooking up with a visitor and showing me a good time at the local courses.

I am arriving May 16th and leaving May 25th. I am staying with some relatives in Everett for the first half of my trip and I will have a car. During the day 18th to the 20th would be great since i plan on visiting the San Juan islands the the later half.

Welcome! Glad to hear someone from the Midwest (or North-Midwest?) coming out to visit us here. I hope you get excellent weather while you're here. There will be plenty of suggestions of where to go play -- I can't speak for everyone, but I'm positive that you will have good experiences here.. Most importantly -- have fun.

Courses I recommend:
    Fort Steilacoom, Seatac DGC, One of the northern course (with the crazy baskets as art)(This one you can visit during your SanJuan Island time..), Daliwood, NAD, and others..
    Use the DiscGolfCourseReview dot com to help you find some good course..
    Practice - Practice - Practice -- Doing what I can to keep it on the fairway _ at least I try to!
    DDGA #202; WDDGA #37; ODDGA #47 ; PDGA #38171

Comment

I'd be glad to show you around some of the courses around Seattle. One of my favorite aspects of disc golf is playing a course for the first time. If you let me know what you're most interested in doing-- such as how many courses you'd like to play, how far you want to travel, whether or not you'd like to play a monthly acepot/weekly doubles, etc.

Perhaps you could get on dgcoursereview.com (not sure if that's the right url) and decide which courses you're most interested in playing.
      --Toby Cheff

--Didn't see Mystjava's post before submitting, but I agree with the courses suggested and would add these to that list: Lakewood DGC (West Seattle/White Center), White River(Auburn), Riverside (Sumner)

Also, Mountlake Terrace and Mineral Springs(North Park--my home course) in N. Seattle-- not premiere courses but close to Everett and only 20 min apart-
      Up north of Everett there's also Arlington DGC, Lake Stevens (funky but fun homemade baskets), Sedro Wooley, and Mossy Roc (outside of Bellingham).
      Last edited by Toby Puttzinski; April 26th, 2009, 02:55 PM.
      Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Thanks

We call our place "The mid-west" or usually "Great lakes region". We don't get cool things like sounds, Straits, Inlets or Bays. But it is nice to be able to have plenty of freshwater nearby to sail and fish on

Thanks for your comments everyone. I do want to try Lakewood. But I might also try Twin Rivers up in Arlington since that is close to where some more relatives live. I am bringing my Garmin and i already have the courses mapped in.

The only matter is trying to settle on a date and time to meet someone willing to show me around and have a good time. I guess contact me via PM or E-mail. I think I might be able to do Lakewood Monday afternoon/evening. and twin rivers Saturday (I can understand not being able to meet anyone for that one)

As i have said, I am a new player, but I can get consistent 250 foot drives now, and can par most par 3s. I am not looking to be competitive, but rather have a good time

Comment

hrm... doesn't seem anyone is interested. Oh well, I hope to see you there

Comment

depends on where you are.. if you want -- go check out the tournament at White River in Auburn..
            Practice - Practice - Practice -- Doing what I can to keep it on the fairway _ at least I try to!
            DDGA #202; WDDGA #37; ODDGA #47 ; PDGA #38171

Comment

There's also a course on San Juan Island/Friday harbor. It's on the far side of the island but there's other good stuff over ther. Pretty fun course.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
              Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X