X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving to Sammamish

My name is Trevor. I am moving back home to Washington from Michigan. Looking for people to play with.

Good luck, I grew up in Issaquah which used to include what is now Sammamish and the area is real thin on courses. The closest park is Jewl in Redmond, which is a fun yet not real inspiring 9 hole. Last I knew they were holding weekly doubles there and if that's still going I would think that would be your best bet on meeting folks. Outside of Jewl you'll be driving into Seattle to play.

Comment

http://www.pdga.com/course-directory

Search Results
      Displaying courses in order of proximity to Sammamish, Washington 98074 within 100 miles:

<< First--< Previous--Next >--Last >>--
      Juel Community Park------------6 miles (9 km)--Redmond, Washington--98052
      North Park (Mineral Springs)--15 miles (24 km)--Seattle, Washington--98155
      Seatac DGC---------------------- 16 miles (25 km)--Seatac, Washington--98168
      Lakewood King County Park--16 miles (26 km)--Seattle, Washington--98146
      Terrace Creek--------------------16 miles (26 km)--Mountlake Terrace, Washington--98043
      Bicentennial Park-------------- 16 miles (26 km)--
      Lake Retreat Campground--20 miles (32 km)--Ravensdale, Washington--98051
      Lake Fenwick------------------21 miles (34 km)--Kent, Washington--98198
      Ferguson Park------------------21 miles (34 km)--Snohomish, Washington--98290
      White River----------------------23 miles (38 km)--Auburn, Washington--98002
      Burton Adventure DGC----------24 miles (39 km)--Vashon Island, Washington--98070
      Crystal Mountain DGC----------25 miles (40 km)--Crystal Mountain, Washington--98022
      Dalaiwood--------------------------27 miles (43 km)--Olalla, Washington--98359
      Lake Stevens DGC-------------- 27 miles (43 km)--Lake Stevens, Washington--98258
      Kitsap County Fairgrounds---- 27 miles (44 km)--Bremerton, Washington--98311
      Van Zee Park-------------------- 29 miles (46 km)--Port Orchard, Washington--98366
      NAD Park---------------------------- 31 miles (49 km)--Bremerton, Washington--98312
      Riverside Disc Golf Park----------31 miles (51 km)--Sumner, Washington--98390
      Ft. Steilacoom S.E. DGC-------- 39 miles (63 km)--Lakewood, Washington--98498
      Fort Steilacoom N.W. DGC--------39 miles (63 km)--South Tacoma, Washington--98498
      Twin Rivers--------------------------40 miles (64 km)--Arlington, Washington--98223
      HJ Carroll Park---------------------- 43 miles (69 km)--Chimacum, Washington--98325
      Bakerview Park----------------------57 miles (91 km)--Mount Vernon, Washington--98273
      Yauger Park------------------------ 58 miles (94 km)--Olympia, Washington--98502
      NSRA Disc Golf Course------------63 miles (101 km)--Sedro Woolley, Washington--98284
      Thousand Trails Leavenworth--64 miles (103 km)--Leavenworth, Washington--98826
      GH Hostel DGC----------------------76 miles (123 km)--Elma, Washington--98541
      Wenatchee Rotary Park---------- 81 miles (131 km)--Wenatchee, Washington--98801
      Cornwall Park--------------------82 miles (132 km)--Bellingham, Washington--98225
      Sam Benn Disc Golf Course--94 miles (151 km)--Aberdeen, Washington--98520
      Pender Island Disc Park------ 98 miles (158 km)--Pender Island, British Columbia

At least there are two AWESOME courses within 20 miles: Lakewood & SeaTac - only 10 minutes apart!
      Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
      Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
      Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
      Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
      Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
        At least there are two AWESOME courses within 20 miles: Lakewood & SeaTac - only 10 minutes apart!
        It definitely wouldn't suck to live within 16 miles of SeaTac and Lakewwod!
        Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
        Remain ye men of faculty complete,
        Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
        Attending to our noble bond and contract?
        Or does here stand the last remaining man
        To give a fig for rules and order yet,
        No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
        Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
        Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Given the time of day, 16 miles in the Seattle area could be the far side of the moon.
          The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
          ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
            It definitely wouldn't suck to live within 16 miles of SeaTac and Lakewwod!
            Having lived in that area that can be the longest 16 miles of your life. I'll have to look you up next time I'm up there visiting family.
            I've only been to Juel up there. I should have driven the longest 16 mintues of my life and gone somewhere else.
            Probably didn't help that it was Christmas day and the natural tee pads were 2 feet of natural puddle.

Comment

I lived in Bellevue for a few months a couple of years ago, abut 20 miles from Lakewood and Seatac. Trying to go after work, it usually took a minimum of 1 hour to get there, which pretty much made evening rounds undoable during the fall, winter, and spring that I was there.

I found I could get to Juel in about 30 minutes, but got tired of that after about two weeks.

Comment

yeah, all depending on when you're trying to travel, things can take a while, especially on the east side. Seattle's got traffic issues in any place at rush hour times, but the Bellevue area is the worst. If you can travel during the middle of the day, you won't have much of an issue getting to other courses, but if you work normal hours, you'll likely find Juel your only feasible option. The sort of good news is that they're trying to build a new course over there somewhere due to issues at Juel. I haven't heard any news on that for a while though, so who knows when that might come about.

Hit me up when you get to the area though, I'd be glad to show you around some of the courses if you're not familiar with them.
                Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
                  Given the time of day, 16 miles in the Seattle area could be the far side of the moon.
                  Yeah, in the Seattle area at certain times and in certain directions you are better off walking than driving the 16 miles, you'll get there faster. It's the only place that I've ever been with crushing stop-and-go (mostly stop) traffic on an early Saturday morning!
                  Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                  Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                  Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                  Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                  Or does here stand the last remaining man
                  To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                  No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                  Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                  Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                  Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X