X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Champoeg 3/18

I will be working out of Woodburn today so I am planning on stopping by Champoeg on my way home. I'll have my Stumptown tag with me and a few extras if anyone want to buy on.

Anyone been there in the last couple days with a swamp factor report?
    Current World Rank: 2857th
    Lowest Rated Round: 777
    Worst Tournament Finish: 2nd From DFL MA2 GNO 2008
    Worst Drive: 10 Feet behind teepad
    Shortest Putt Missed During a Tournament: < 1 foot (Not Kidding)
    Best Fall: Hole 11 Trojan Park, before cement teepads
    Dirtiest Ace: Hole 12 Horning's Canyon Course through the "V" tree.
    Pairs of Shoes Ruined: 6

Originally posted by keys View Post
    I will be working out of Woodburn today so I am planning on stopping by Champoeg on my way home. I'll have my Stumptown tag with me and a few extras if anyone want to buy on.

Anyone been there in the last couple days with a swamp factor report?
    What was it like?
    "Operator! Give me the number for 911! " - Homer S.

Comment

I wanna know as well; it's Spring break next week and am thinking of getting in a round out there. But not if I have to wear waders.
      educate your thinking

Comment

I have seen it a lot worse.......but that being said the normal ponding on hole's 1,3,4, off to the right off 7 by the road are there.

i came out of the 2 rounds with dry feet/socks.

My son on the other hand........well

"In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JMan View Post
          I wanna know as well; it's Spring break next week and am thinking of getting in a round out there. But not if I have to wear waders.
          Please post if when you go during Spring break, I get some weekdays off and would like to play Champoeg.

Comment

Originally posted by Jet View Post
            Please post if when you go during Spring break, I get some weekdays off and would like to play Champoeg.

Me too Jman I would love to play Champoeg

Cindy
            Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
            2013 Chick Flick co-TD
            Stumptown #176
            PDGA #37716

Comment

As Scott said it was pretty normal for the weather we have been having. Just wear boots or shoes you don't mind getting a little muddy.
              Current World Rank: 2857th
              Lowest Rated Round: 777
              Worst Tournament Finish: 2nd From DFL MA2 GNO 2008
              Worst Drive: 10 Feet behind teepad
              Shortest Putt Missed During a Tournament: < 1 foot (Not Kidding)
              Best Fall: Hole 11 Trojan Park, before cement teepads
              Dirtiest Ace: Hole 12 Horning's Canyon Course through the "V" tree.
              Pairs of Shoes Ruined: 6

Comment

Champoeg is very playable. Normal wet weather conditions apply but you can avoid walking in standing water if you don't throw into standing water.

In other news, the flypads are in terribly sad shape these days.

Also I heard the other day from Wil the Thrill, who lives near there, the guy working for the parks dept at Champoeg who has been against the expansion of the course finally retired. Could 18 with concrete pads finally become a reality?

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Olson View Post
                  Also I heard the other day from Wil the Thrill, who lives near there, the guy working for the parks dept at Champoeg who has been against the expansion of the course finally retired. Could 18 with concrete pads finally become a reality?
                  The most logical place to expand would be between holes 5 and 6, playing away from the course towards the restrooms. I look in that direction and easily see a few nice long fairways.

However....

Champoeg park is a major nesting site for the Western Bluebird. Specifically, the area beyond holes 5 and 6. That area is left un-mowed to provide suitable habitat for the bird (and other wildlife). The bluebird has quite a following, too. There is a festival in its honor in June. It is likely that any attempt to expand the course in that direction would meet strong opposition, and not just from the park staff.

Comment

I know about the bird habitat, but there is still plenty of other space in the park to add a few more holes without ruffling any feathers. ba da bum, ching! Paving the existing pads is also long overdue, and I don't think any birds are going to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                      The most logical place to expand would be between holes 5 and 6, playing away from the course towards the restrooms. I look in that direction and easily see a few nice long fairways.
                      It would be nice to have the course get closer to the bathrooms for a pit stop during a round.

Comment

Wow... pads... tournaments... Champoeg may return to the DG radar soon!
                        I believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thats in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Ill know Im a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Im not sure, but its possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.
                        ~Annika Srenstam

Comment

the other side of the park also provides for disc golf action ,,but again ,,,nothing permanent has ever been an option, back when it was just trees and we called it the grove,,we had 18 holes on both sides of the park,,,but agian,,, they don't like you just throwing to trees over there either,, they didn't tell me i couldn't but strongly suggested i use the course on the other side of the park

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                          Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X