Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seattle to Portland...

Hello all,

I have a dilemma for the weekend of March 21-22, 2009. I am on the waiting list for the Walla Walla tournament – but I am thinking of just bowing out and making a road trip from Seattle down to the Portland area for the weekend of golf and photography..So I am looking for some people to play with over the weekend, drink some beers and eat some good food shoot some photos..along with showing the me courses. I talked with Jerry Miller over the phone and he said to play these courses (below)…Anyone willing to meet up and show an old man around the courses?

I am not sure where I am staying yet so if anyone has a good hotel in mind please let me know..

• Trojan
    • Pier Park
    • Dabney
    • Timber Park
    • McIver
    • Rooster Rock
    • Skyline

Thanks
    Scott Holter

Skip Rooster and play Milo twice. Hell, skip them all and just play Milo.

I would love to show you around but I will be out of town on a road trip of my own!
    “I believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know — Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, that’s in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, I’ll know I’m a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? I’m not sure, but it’s possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.”
    ~Annika Sörenstam

Comment

If you are at Skyline, you are just 13 miles short of Lucky Mud. You can play 18 or 23 holes here.
      The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
      ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

If you go to Skyline, you must play nearby Lucky Mud (private)! Quick, request a tee time from the course pro!
        Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
        Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
        Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
        Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
        Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Better yet, head over to Horning's Hideout and play both courses and ask Bob if he can give you a tour of the third course.
          Practice - Practice - Practice -- Doing what I can to keep it on the fairway _ at least I try to!
          DDGA #202; WDDGA #37; ODDGA #47 ; PDGA #38171

Comment

I think you should hit Pier park and Leverich. They are pretty close together.
            PDGA 38153
            STUMPTOWN 158

Comment

Yo i too got screwed out of the Walla Walla Trny I called Scott before regastration was open to get a spot he had me on the list then i called him Five weeks before the trny to tell him my moneys on the way and he said don't bother he already gave my spot up. Needles to say i have that weekend open Milo McGiver would be a fun trip if you need someone to show you around down there pick me up on your way down
              Last edited by KenGilmore; March 16th, 2009, 08:47 PM.

Comment

While I am all for free speech, this sort of offensive racist language has no place here. Moderators? Can you clean this up?
                Last edited by proto something or other; March 16th, 2009, 08:37 PM. Reason: took out quotation of racist language.
                Ruining everyone else's fun since 1998.

Comment

Originally posted by proto something or other View Post
                  While I am all for free speech, this sort of offensive racist language has no place here. Moderators? Can you clean this up?
                  Thanks Ken.
                  Ruining everyone else's fun since 1998.

Comment

Well played, Ken.
                    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Sorry just a little erked..didn't mean to afend anyone

Comment

Thanks all - Sorry I stirred the pot...LOL

One of the things I am looking for in my travel this coming weekend is unique courses with great phtography oppertunites and native courses...native in the way that most people will think of a NW course to be..huge trees, moss, ferns etc...So more of the atomsphere and experience so to say...

I am off to the airport and look forward to meeting some new friends!

Scott
                        Last edited by Mile High Golfer; March 17th, 2009, 05:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mile High Golfer View Post
                          Thanks all - Sorry I stirred the pot...LOL

One of the things I am looking for in my travel this coming weekend is unique courses with great phtography oppertunites and native courses...native in the way that most people will think of a NW course to be..huge trees, moss, ferns etc...So more of the atomsphere and experience so to say...

I am off to the airport and look forward to meeting some new friends!

Scott
                          Whistlers Bend IMO has the atmosphere and your experience there you probably won't forget.
                          Too bad it's 200 miles south of PDX.
                          Have fun Scott.
                          He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                          - Anonymous

Comment

Yea the boys on teh otheer forum told me about it...If I did not have a huge final report due the following week to the VA...I'd be there!

Sounds like my kinda fun!!

Comment

Well if photo ops are what you want make sure to add Hornings to you MUST PLAY list. The courses are great and the landscape ... you'll see.
                              educate your thinking

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X