X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tree killer on the loose.

Howdy all. My son and I are new to the sport and we are curious if anyone might be playing in Hillsboro at Orchards tomorrow 7/7/2013. We went on Friday and played 2 rounds and went to Horning's today. I found out just how out of shape I am. Whew... Even managed to lose my straighter flying disk. It flew straight to I have no idea land. Any who, We're looking for a bit of proper instruction before our bad forms take a set. Patience may be required as I am horrible. Thanks in advance. Looking forward to missing some trees this time.

there will be classes at orchard...worth your time...
    educate your thinking

Comment

I saw the thread on that. I definitely want to take my son with me.

Comment

Went out today, went 3 rounds, picked up some beer bottles, cans, and cigarette butts. Watched a dude fling a Fat Tire bottle into the bush, I asked him to retrieve it and put it in my garbage bag to which he obliged. Even got an apology. I informed him of the little blue buckets located at various pads around the park.

I played better after picking up some pointers from a couple of willing people. We had a blast. Orchard will be my go to park for quite some time. Less than 15 minutes away from my place.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverlion View Post
          Went out today, went 3 rounds, picked up some beer bottles, cans, and cigarette butts. Watched a dude fling a Fat Tire bottle into the bush, I asked him to retrieve it and put it in my garbage bag to which he obliged. Even got an apology. I informed him of the little blue buckets located at various pads around the park.

I played better after picking up some pointers from a couple of willing people. We had a blast. Orchard will be my go to park for quite some time. Less than 15 minutes away from my place.
          Glad you had a good time. We can use more like you.
          Basket thieves

Comment

In camping and hiking, now disc golf, I'm anal about keeping areas nice. Honestly, it pisses me off to see people trashing nice places. Being from Texas and a redneck by nature, I revere the outdoors. I go camping, I always come back with more than I arrived with. I have hauled truckloads of crap out of areas. Mattresses, engine blocks, cars.... Unbelievable what people leave behind. It's no big deal to haul out some garbage, but dude, pick up your own crap. Is it really that hard? you hauled it in. Now I know to keep an empty garbage bag in my carry bag. Eventually it will sink in. I hope.

Comment

In camping and hiking, now disc golf, I'm anal about keeping areas nice. Honestly, it pisses me off to see people trashing nice places. Being from Texas and a redneck by nature, I revere the outdoors. I go camping, I always come back with more than I arrived with. I have hauled truckloads of crap out of areas. Mattresses, engine blocks, cars.... Unbelievable what people leave behind. It's no big deal to haul out some garbage, but dude, pick up your own crap. Is it really that hard? you hauled it in. Now I know to keep an empty garbage bag in my carry bag. Eventually it will sink in. I hope.
              Oh, you're from Texas... well, um,...this is awkward...
              Basket thieves

Comment

There's a few of us that have evolved from marrying relatives.

Comment

There's a few of us that have evolved from marrying relatives.
                  Welcome aboard the Disc Golf Train.

I have one piece of advice for you. Leave all your discs at home and play with only your putter. When you can play Orchard under par with just your putter then you can start throwing a mid range or fairway driver. This advice I have found to propel people faster to better play and proper throwing techniques.
                  PDGA #25296
                  Stumptown #34

Comment

Thank you for the advice, Flash. I managed to shoot 1 under yesterday. Only OB once and got my first birdie. I was pretty pumped. When does the sore shoulder go away?

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                    Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X