X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm new and looking to see if there are any leagues around

Ok, so I have been playing off and on for many years...but don't mistake that for me being very good. My putting could improve and I am by no means a long driver. But I am in my 40's now and could use the exercise. So I figured what better way to get healthier and get better at my game then to go out and play more. So I was curious if there were any local leagues starting up that I could join? Keeping mind my amateur ability, looking to get some exercise, meet some nice people, and have a good time once a week. I live in Roy, and work in Tacoma, so Fort Steilacoom is convenient and the new 9 hole course down in Lacey I have played also.

Any ideas of where to find out about leagues would be awesome!!!!

Thanks,

Click CALENDAR at the top of the page!
    Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
    Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
    Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
    Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
    Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

WOW, Ok that was obvious

OK I have to say I feel pretty dumb. I missed that link up at the top. Thanks for pointing that out. That will help.

So now time for stupid question number 2 - if it is a doubles league, can a person show up and will people be paired up, or is it a thing where you need to have a two person team to join? I know that sounds like such a stupid question....I just have never joined a league, just have gone and hit the chains with the wife and kids up to this point.

thanks,

Comment

Starting next Wednesday the 22nd, Shelton Springs will start the random doubles. Tee time is 5:30. $5 entry $1 optional ace pot. Players of all skill levels are welcome

Comment

Fort Steilacoom is Thursday nights 530pm and Woodland Creek Park (Lacey) is Fridays at 530pm. Random draw for partners at both locations.

Comment

and tues nights at 6pm random dubs at gh hostel in elma

Comment

And...... Saturday mornings 9am newb-friendly random draw doubles at N.A.D. Park in Bremerton. No cost, optional $1 ace pot.
              Basket thieves

Comment

The term "league" is widely misused. They are more like a "pick-up game," or maybe a "series." Gather information first, but then just show up, any time, mid-season is fine. "Leagues" are generally tailored to encourage casual play. Give it a try; the vast majority of disc golfers are way cool, and totally welcoming. Enjoy!

PS: GH Hostel Random Dubs Tues 6 PM added to calendar.
                Last edited by TreeLove; May 16th, 2013, 10:12 PM.
                Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Thanks for the info!

Thank you everyone for all this info! This is fantastic! I know my family has talked many times about wanting to play the course in Elma.....every time we drive down the free to the beach and see the chains, we always say, we should bring our discs with us sometime and schedule a time to play. So I will definitally have to gett there.

Ft Steilacoom is by far the couurse I am most familiar with and probably the most convienent for me coming from work on a Thursday. Is there a charge to play.....I mean I know there normally isn't, just didn't know if there was one to play in the league?

Thanks again everybody, I have a feeling I am going to be hitting a bunch of these courses this year especially coming in to summer and the good weather!

Comment

I believe the charge for Fort Steilacoom is $7 or $10.
                    Break Down:
                    $2 to the Club
                    $1 Ace Pot
                    $4 to pay-out
                    with an optional 3 CTP at $1 a piece.

The doubles at Woodland Creek Park
                    Break Down:
                    $1 to club
                    $1 ace pot
                    $4 pay-out

Couple hours of affordable entertainment.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                    Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X