Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for help

Hello everyone,
    I just started playing this last weekend, played my first rounds at Orchards on Monday evening. I really enjoyed it.

I'm wondering if anyone here would be willing to meet up with me on a Sunday or Monday at Orchards to teach me how to throw properly. I really don't have a clue about what I'm doing.

Thanks
    Ken

Originally posted by Ken View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I just started playing this last weekend, played my first rounds at Orchards on Monday evening. I really enjoyed it.

I'm wondering if anyone here would be willing to meet up with me on a Sunday or Monday at Orchards to teach me how to throw properly. I really don't have a clue about what I'm doing.

Thanks
    Ken
    This is the best first post I've ever seen. Welcome Ken! Somebody help this man join our cult.

Comment

Disc golf clams another victim ... I will golf with you any time but probably not at that park to far from my house ... pier or lunch time...you tube has some how to videos to

Comment

Hello everyone,

Thanks
        Ken
        my pops and i are teaching classes this summer thru hillsboro parks and rec... two part classes, the first a lesson in basic mechanics at some soft ball fields at the hillsboro fairgrounds and the second part an instructional round at orchard, if you're interested...

cheers,
        emma hanley
        "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
        Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
          my pops and i are teaching classes this summer thru hillsboro parks and rec... two part classes, the first a lesson in basic mechanics at some soft ball fields at the hillsboro fairgrounds and the second part an instructional round at orchard, if you're interested...

cheers,
          emma hanley
          Thanks for the replies, I appreciate it.

I'm definitely interested, let me know where I can find info so I can make plans for it. Thank you.

Comment

cheers,
            emma hanley
            ^^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^

Emma and her pop are great people who teach great classes every year at Orchard Park.

I'd be happy to throw with you too, but Sundays and Mondays aren't the best for me.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate it.

I'm definitely interested, let me know where I can find info so I can make plans for it. Thank you.
              i'll talk to my old man and get a link... or you can search it on the hillsboro parks and rec. website... altho, i'm not sure that they have their list yet of summer classes... they start in july and run thru august as far as i can remember...
              "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
              Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

i'll talk to my old man and get a link... or you can search it on the hillsboro parks and rec. website... altho, i'm not sure that they have their list yet of summer classes... they start in july and run thru august as far as i can remember...
                Thank you, I'll keep my eye out for the summer catalogue.

Till then I'll be at orchards most Monday evenings and some Sundays trying not to hold up the lines to long.

Comment

Randy goes out there to throw sometimes during the week. He's not great, but has taken classes, and generally knows techniques. If you'd like, we can PM closer to the weekend, and see what the weather's like.

Comment

Originally posted by ptld2001 View Post
                    Randy goes out there to throw sometimes during the week. He's not great, but has taken classes, and generally knows techniques. If you'd like, we can PM closer to the weekend, and see what the weather's like.
                    That would work for me. I was planning at least one round on Sunday and maybe two or three on Monday, I can be flexible with times either day. Thank you.

Comment

I can meet up with you ken I can do Mondays just give me a time it's perfect cuz orchards is my home course

Comment

Originally posted by NAVA50383 View Post
                        I can meet up with you ken I can do Mondays just give me a time it's perfect cuz orchards is my home course
                        Thanks, I'm trying to get out there Monday afternoon or early evening, let me know what time works best and I'll be there.

Comment

Hello everyone,

Thanks
                          Ken
                          I should have done this when I first started playing because maybe I wouldn't have developed some bad habits that are now so ingrained that I just no longer have the patience to work on it and I just compensate for it, whew.
                          Basket thieves

Comment

Originally posted by jeffmonty View Post
                            I should have done this when I first started playing because maybe I wouldn't have developed some bad habits that are now so ingrained that I just no longer have the patience to work on it and I just compensate for it, whew.
                            I tried this (get some help) when I was first getting started
                            and i just forced my poor skills on everyone at doubles, and then i started getting some help here and there.

everyone is still very helpful with me, even now that I am a regular face on the course

Comment

If you ever want to come to Greenway Park, I would gladly help you out a bit.
                              Brody Cannon
                              PDGA #34008

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X