X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team disc golf -- spokane area??

IS there any more interest in some team matches here in the Spokane area -- I wouldn't mind working on something with some folks -- After seeing what team Bananas did to HB on Monday -- I feel like there has got to be some more interest --

Thoughts??

I think club teams competing agianst other club teams sounds interesting but standards would have to be created. A couple years ago there was a Northern Rockies Disc Golf Challenge held in Hot Springs, MT, that consisted of various teams from the region. The format of it was such that it included both teams and singles. I'd need to talk to some Garden City Flyers out of Missoula more though to get more details.

Here's the link to the info on the GCF website, the event was in 2010 I believe

http://www.gardencityflyers.org/site/node/678

Comment

oregon has had a team disc golf league for a number of years now, and over here on the western side of the mountians we have had a team disc golf league going also. you could use the standards and rules that we use, that way you dont have to try to reinvent the wheel and all that stuff.

it would be cool to have eastern washington team disc golf and western washington team disc golf. then take the winners from each side and have them play to see who gets to be washington state team disc golf champions.
      Team HOSER:dancing:
      Team OLY:cheerleader:
      Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

http://www.watdg.com/
        A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Collegiate style ...

The 'tourney' that we ran on Monday for the Dead Presidents was 4 on 4 Collegiate style play -- very few throws per player -- I really enjoy the idea of 4 on 4 team match with the lowest 3 scores per hole being tallied. Is this similar to what you already do 'Oly' ?

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt_Mac View Post
            The 'tourney' that we ran on Monday for the Dead Presidents was 4 on 4 Collegiate style play -- very few throws per player -- I really enjoy the idea of 4 on 4 team match with the lowest 3 scores per hole being tallied. Is this similar to what you already do 'Oly' ?
            No, it sounds like your league is more match play. The WATDG is a combination of individual stroke play with handicaps, and team match play. I like the idea of a "BRING YOUR BEST TEAM" format for collegiate competition, but for the local scene, it would lend itself to the top 4 rated players teaming up and taking over. Our handicap systems fits our wide range of skill sets, and gives the 800 rated player a shot at beating the best.
            A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Oregon Team Disc Golf Website

http://ortdg.weebly.com/index.html
              PDGA# 49616
              Stumptown# 353
              OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
              Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X