Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if you're planning to meet at horning's hideout...

please drive carefully. yesterday (beautiful and sunny and dry) i hit a couple patches of ice (one of them sent me across lanes, even) and i was only doing about 43ish... it was later in the day, too... was not expecting ice at all as i would have been if it had been early morning.

public service announcement. spread the word. drive safe.
    "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
    Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

I caught some ice yesterday as well; a little faster, but only slipped & didn't slide (go Subaru AWD!). Around 11ish on the way in. Left about four and all was fine.

Comment

suby... AWD... crummy tires... and it was just a little dicey... kinda doesn't matter if you've got AWD/4WD or what when you're dealing with black ice... the freezing fog is what gets us out here in western WA county...

Comment

news flash:
        its winter

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post
          news flash:
          its winter
          IS that what all the white stuff is , and here i thought someone left the snow cone machine on all night ...

Comment

all joking aside...

... your moms just wanted to put this out there ('specially with the ice bowl comin' up) because the road up to horning's can be sketchy when other roads are not, okay? i live in the coast range and my roads were dry and fine as were every other one i drove that day... and yet there was still plenty of unexpected ice on the way up there. and i worry about y'all, okay? are you warm enough? are you getting enough sleep? how many beers have you had anyway and don't forget your leafy greens.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
            Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X