X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some people are a-holes

I'd like to thank the nice stranger who texted me tonight after they found my spider in Auburn! It's nice to know there are decent people in the disc golf community.

I'd also like to thank the a-hole who took my disc from Spokane to Auburn and never bothered to contact me when they picked it up. Thanks for being a douche and not bothering to try and return it! Real classy...

Originally posted by jtoney View Post
    I'd like to thank the nice stranger who texted me tonight after they found my spider in Auburn! It's nice to know there are decent people in the disc golf community.

I'd also like to thank the a-hole who took my disc from Spokane to Auburn and never bothered to contact me when they picked it up. Thanks for being a douche and not bothering to try and return it! Real classy...
    yes , we got a call from a woman stating she had two of my girl's discs. one lost at dabney, and one lost at mciver.
    though she found the dabney disc at timber, and her buddy found the other one at trojan - though we have never played there.
    she then flaked and said her buddy took them with him to bend... many texts later... she apologized said she would buy us a disc from next adventure, then flaked and stopped responding.
    so people play with found discs, lose them, call but then never follow thru what is this all about.

Comment

I find that there are many. . . dare I say, "losers," that take it as a sign that the person who lost the disc didn't want it anyway. I have lost 5+ discs that never made their way back to me even though I put my number and name in big bold letters on the back. It may be a symptom of this being an "inexpensive" sport, but people are dishonist when it comes to lost discs (mine at least). I don't know how many clubs get lost on the ball-golf course, but there is a club house to leave lost equipment on most courses, not so on most disc golf courses.

On the flip side, I call the number once a week for 4 weeks and leave a message (unless the number is disconnected), set up as many meetings as it takes to get the disc back to it's owner. if they don't show/return the call after 4 weeks I claim the disc as mine. I haven't had anyone complain to me about it yet. In fact I have been told that 4 weeks is way beyond what is expected. I also feel that a disc I haven't picked up after 4 weeks (only one disc not recovered when called because I lost the callers number (my fault)) belong to the person I left it with.

Comment

99% of the time if someone calls me about a lost disc, I tell them to keep it. Though I would say I only gets calls about lost discs 10% of the time. I've come to not expect it and am generally thankful when it does happen.

And no George, that doesn't mean you get to keep my first run Destroyer, we'll meet up again someday so I can get it back

Comment

just sayin'

i feel like this thread could have just as easily been called "some people are good people" 'cause in the end the OP did get his disc back.

... sorry, just the holiday season peace & love & hippy stuff side of me coming out.
          "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
          Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
          Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X