Stolen discs recovered and I know who did it! Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Stolen discs recovered and I know who did it!

    I went to Disc Golf Depot today to start replenishing my supply after my bag had been stolen out of my car this weekend (Sat night/early Sun). As I was getting ready to pay Jerry for some new plastic, he remembered that he had a stack of used stuff that he hadn't shown me yet. Sure enough, it was almost every disc from my bag that was stolen, minus 3 Rhyno putters and the bag itself, of course. He told me a guy named Chris Leachman brought them in and Jerry paid him $25 for the lot. If anyone has any information about Chris Leechman, please let me know- obviously, I have a lot to ask him about. In addition to my discs, my car's vent window was broken and my car stereo was stolen, not to mention the damage done to get the stereo out of my dash.

    Thanks so much to all the golfers that reached out and offered replacement plastic to me- I have felt a lot of love in the wake of all this. The few bad apples out there could never rotten the bunch for me.

    Again, any contact info. for Leechman would be appreciated. If it wasn't him that broke into my car, he surely knows who did.

    Rich Rich
    503-927-9903

  • #2
    he is being inquired about on FB also man......


    Glad you got your plastic back well most of it anyway.
    "In Discatarianism We Trust"

    :cheers:

    :cool:sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by RichRay View Post
      I went to Disc Golf Depot today to start replenishing my supply after my bag had been stolen out of my car this weekend (Sat night/early Sun). As I was getting ready to pay Jerry for some new plastic, he remembered that he had a stack of used stuff that he hadn't shown me yet. Sure enough, it was almost every disc from my bag that was stolen, minus 3 Rhyno putters and the bag itself, of course. He told me a guy named Chris Leachman brought them in and Jerry paid him $25 for the lot. If anyone has any information about Chris Leechman, please let me know- obviously, I have a lot to ask him about. In addition to my discs, my car's vent window was broken and my car stereo was stolen, not to mention the damage done to get the stereo out of my dash.

      Thanks so much to all the golfers that reached out and offered replacement plastic to me- I have felt a lot of love in the wake of all this. The few bad apples out there could never rotten the bunch for me.

      Again, any contact info. for Leechman would be appreciated. If it wasn't him that broke into my car, he surely knows who did.

      Rich Rich
      503-927-9903
      Not to be too obvious, but you ARE going to call the police, right? Or Jerry is, as he has just unwittingly almost fenced some stolen property?

      Was your name and number on the discs? Did Jerry call you or say anything else about the guy?

      Comment


      • #4
        I found Mr. Leachmen

        http://www.discgolfscene.com/profile/8127

        All parties are innocent until proven guilty lol
        Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by CarlitosBonitos View Post
          http://www.discgolfscene.com/profile/8127

          All parties are innocent until proven guilty lol
          Yes, but someone is guilty, and you have to start somewhere.

          Comment


          • #6
            Everyone should take it easy about jumping on this guy. All we know is that the discs were found at Jerry's and that his name was given. Whoever sold the discs could have given a false name.

            I agree that the police should be called and let them sort this out.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Scott View Post
              Everyone should take it easy about jumping on this guy. All we know is that the discs were found at Jerry's and that his name was given. Whoever sold the discs could have given a false name.

              I agree that the police should be called and let them sort this out.

              a false name

              Jerry should have called RR and or the Police as soon as this took place if not before.....$25 then proceeded to get ready to sell RR a bunch of discs
              "In Discatarianism We Trust"

              :cheers:

              :cool:sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
                Was your name and number on the discs? Did Jerry call you?
                this is my first question

                Comment


                • #9
                  Maybe Leachman bought them from the thief. Maybe the thief lied and told Leachman that he had traded bought the discs from Rich Ray. Leachman may not be your man. He may be a starting point toward finding the thief, but he might be completely innocent. Or maybe the thief sold them to someone, who then sold them to Leachman... Leachman is certainly innocent until proven otherwise...
                  Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                  Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                  Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                  Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                  Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    All I know is that Jerry told me Leachman told him his dad had given him the(my) discs. And to answer a previous question- yes, of course my name and number were on them, but that info. had been blacked out- first, it seems, with a silver marker, and then a black marker on top of that. On a couple of them you can still just BARELY make out part of my phone number and part of my name. I think it's highly unlikely Leachman doesn't know the person that took them (and my stereo) from my car. But of course, innocent until proven guilty.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      that sounds like a run around to me, but its all your call. if your name and number were on it, after being blacked out, id be worried. thats my opinion ofc.
                      Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up to the roof and gets stuck - George Carlin

                      Comment

                      Announcement Announcement Module
                      Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X