Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Battle Roc

coming home from INNOVA EAST.......

so i get an email this morning from Zeb who is changing office's and comes across a pile of discs that were buried under stuff that had been there for years.

while i had 8 of these at 1 time i had only put my email on 2 and 1 of them is still in my buddies bag.

The other 1 was "LOST/STOLEN" at Dabney Dubs about 7 yrs ago and Zeb tells me that it probably came out of Winthrop Lake......so that leads to me to think that a local Pro found/stole/kept it and then lost it at USDGC

dont get me wrong im frikken happy as hell to be getting this disc back
    but really it went to the USDGC without me and a Pro discer is not calling or returning found discs
    "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Originally posted by NWDiscer View Post
    coming home from INNOVA EAST.......

so i get an email this morning from Zeb who is changing office's and comes across a pile of discs that were buried under stuff that had been there for years.

while i had 8 of these at 1 time i had only put my email on 2 and 1 of them is still in my buddies bag.

The other 1 was "LOST/STOLEN" at Dabney Dubs about 7 yrs ago and Zeb tells me that it probably came out of Winthrop Lake......so that leads to me to think that a local Pro found/stole/kept it and then lost it at USDGC

dont get me wrong im frikken happy as hell to be getting this disc back
    but really it went to the USDGC without me and a Pro discer is not calling or returning found discs
    Well, that is a short list to look over for sure. Bear in mind someone could have sold it online. Still.... good to see one coming home.
    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
      Well, that is a short list to look over for sure. Bear in mind someone could have sold it online. Still.... good to see one coming home.
      In other words, Hagerty did it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post

well it was picked up off the ground not out of the pond. i also watched ebay quite a bit back then and never saw it, although not craigslist back then...

yes very cool to be getting it back

Comment

Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
          In other words, Hagerty did it.

well i think Mr Hagerty was still in his disc golf infancy back when this went missing......

gotta luv your fellow discers huh Jeff
          Last edited by NWDiscer; September 19th, 2012, 10:05 AM. Reason: damn double g

Comment

Perhaps it was the one armed man? Or some sort of crazy atmospheric phenomenon that picked the disc up, carried it through the air and deposited it into Lake Winthrop.
            "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
            Cleveland Brown

Comment

Originally posted by NWDiscer View Post
              well i think Mr Haggerty was still in his disc golf infancy back when this went missing......

gotta luv your fellow discers huh Jeff
              Uh, I don't think Grizzly Adams even plays disc golf!

Pretty sure it was Hagerty. Notice how quickly he posted about it, and I think he's been to USDGC twice.

Comment

Pretty sure it was Hagerty. Notice how quickly he posted about it, and I think he's been to USDGC twice.
                Thanks for pushing me under the bus Matt, but I've only been there once, and I never lost a single disc

Heh.
                "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Uh, I don't think Grizzly Adams even plays disc golf!

lol dam double g thats a real bear

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                  Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X