X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost or stolen?

Just a quick question with long explanation. Has anyone experienced stolen discs from their bag while playing? I hope this is my own lack of attention, but fear it is not. I was playing a quick couple of holes at downriver with my son on Monday 6/11. The whole park was very busy and I remember having my bag full of discs (so tight I couldn't get my nukeSS out of my bag without pinching fingers). After throwing, and getting to my disc, I found that my bag was 4 discs lighter (bright red champ panther, flydye champ leopard, DX aero, eliteX soft challenger with blue stamp). I know these discs were in my bag before the few holes, then missing after getting to my first throw. There were so many people there, I didn't notice the guys I was throwing ahead of move off. Again, I hope it was my inattention to detail (not likely but. . . ) I know my son didn't drop the discs out of my bag (again pinching fingers trying to get my first disc out), but feel robbed (especially of my 2 best/only midrange drivers). If anyone sees these with my name and number please call, I don't have text so please call the number on the disc.

Thanks

BenT

P.s. I really do hope it was my fault and that I am not accusing anyone unjustly, but 4 discs not used on the course that were there before the first tee missing makes me wonder. I would have noticed 4 discs on the ground around my bag on the first tee at DRGC.

I've had some people grab my disc off fairways and walk off with them. Don't think I've had somebody peel me for discs directly out of my bag though. That's pretty damn ballsy. Hope you get them back.
    "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
    Cleveland Brown

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
      I've had some people grab my disc off fairways and walk off with them. Don't think I've had somebody peel me for discs directly out of my bag though. That's pretty damn ballsy. Hope you get them back.
      I don't know if karma is kicking back and sleeping on the job, but I have found many discs with numbers on them, called and returned. The other day at High Bridge I had my Nuke snaked on hole 18 when I threw while a pair was looking for their disc in the trees to the right of the old placement. I even helped them find a disc they were looking for while trying to find my disc. . .

out of my bag though. . . I will probably wait a month and then give them up to lost to the demons of disc golf. My Panther was given to me by another player at my first tourney. starting to get too understable for me to really rely on, but again my only mid range drivers. . . sucks.

Comment

I'm really really concerned with the state of our sport at this point. I've been thinking about all the discs I've "lost" recently and at least 2 of them are suspect at best. It really makes me angry to think that my plastic is out there with name and number on it and I'm not getting calls but that someone is actually going out of their way to steal discs is a much graver matter.
        FORE! Youth 2011 http://www.discgolfscene.com/tournam...RE_Youth_2011/

Comment

A couple weeks ago on Monday at LL I tossed my bag at hole 4 to warm up.
          When the 2 minute warning was called I ran out to grab my 8 discs... found 7 right away...
          started to play, as it seemed reasonable that one of the 50+ people that were passing the hole behind me would pick it up and return it (the disc wasn't thrown into the brush). Most of these people are there every week....

I'd start my own thread, but this one had the right title...

Was my disc lost or was it stolen?
          Just in case the answer isn't obvious. IT WAS STOLEN.

Please return my Wraith with the big Stumptown logo on it. Or turn it in to Sam as found- so I don't know who you are.

Probably the same person who now has my glass mini with my initials and PDGA number on it- again at LL. Both these items are one of a kind and easily identified. Whoever has them can't use them in front of most of the local DG community, so they have them JUST because they are thieves.

Sometimes the chance of not getting something back increases depending on where you are playing and with whom.

Comment

Wes - If you couldn't find the disc, wouldn't it also seem possible that no one in the event (who weren't even looking for that disc) saw the disc either? Still might be lost...or stolen
            'Weekend 4 Women':
            Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
            Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

Could be lost.
              However, I wasn't able to look for it because of the 2 minute warning.
              It wasn't a bad throw- just lacked the time to get it mostly.
              I keep thinking that I should be able to leave a disc just about anywhere on a course full of people playing the same league and still get it back by the end. Experience tells me that isn't true, but I keep hoping....

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Hansen View Post
                Could be lost.
                However, I wasn't able to look for it because of the 2 minute warning.
                It wasn't a bad throw- just lacked the time to get it mostly.
                I keep thinking that I should be able to leave a disc just about anywhere on a course full of people playing the same league and still get it back by the end. Experience tells me that isn't true, but I keep hoping....

You could have looked the entire two minutes, you could have looked between throws while playing the hole, and you could also not throw 8 discs right before the two minute warning. I agree that people should [B]always[B] return discs, but you can't assume they will. Also, every Monday that is a nice day has casuals on the course, so it could be any random person. Doesn't have to be a league goer. Next time you leave a disc, do what you did last year for the glass mini and make an announcement at the end. Might not work, but it might also work.
                Fear of any kind is the number one enemy of all golfers regardless of ball-striking and shot-making capabilities.

Comment

Thanks Matt. I did ALL those things you mentioned. Not going to get into a pissing match about whether I shouldn't leave a disc vs. having someone find it and keep it. I see NO point anymore in asking if someone picked it up. I have NEVER seen someone ask for their disc back and see someone reach into their bag to give it back. If someone finds a disc that isn't theirs it should be obvious that it needs to be returned. Nuff said.

Comment

I was playing at cascade gateway in Salem....Hole 10 is in the open field. There was 5 of us playing together and groups in front of us coming across the field. My friend through his destroyer into the middle of the field...thinking it was an easy find....well it was nowhere to be found. We suspected the group in front of us because when we asked them for help they just kept walking to the next hole. On another day at the same park on hole 2 we actually caught someone picking up the disc and attempting to walk away. They claimed they thought it was lost....with us walking up the fairway, yeah right. Talk about balls....so yes I have seen it happen. Sad but true!

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Hansen View Post
                      I have NEVER seen someone ask for their disc back and see someone reach into their bag to give it back. If someone finds a disc that isn't theirs it should be obvious that it needs to be returned. Nuff said.
                      Monday after fathers day I went to the driving clinic at four mounds in spokane. I picked up a disc similar in shape & color to my Fex Surge SS while looking for my 7 drives (3-5 others driving at the same time) and put it in my bag. When I found my disc in the returned disc pile between the driving pads and discovered my error, I called the name on the back and returned the disc to its rightful owner immediately.
                      I find that the DG community that goes to tourneys and league/doubles are usually inclined to pass good karma, but those who follow the leaguers but aren't part of the "family " are not usually as helpful in returning your disc.

UPDATE: btw, the discs I "lost" were returned to me by a very responsible person and they are safely in my bag. The nuke thrown at highbridge however is MIA perminently I believe now, replaced with an esp nuke that should be easier to see.
                      Last edited by bstullis; July 4th, 2012, 02:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bstullis View Post
                        Monday after fathers day I went to the driving clinic at four mounds in spokane. I picked up a disc similar in shape & color to my Fex Surge SS while looking for my 7 drives (3-5 others driving at the same time) and put it in my bag. When I found my disc in the returned disc pile between the driving pads and discovered my error, I called the name on the back and returned the disc to its rightful owner immediately.
                        I find that the DG community that goes to tourneys and league/doubles are usually inclined to pass good karma, but those who follow the leaguers but aren't part of the "family " are not usually as helpful in returning your disc.

UPDATE: btw, the discs I "lost" were returned to me by a very responsible person and they are safely in my bag. The nuke thrown at highbridge however is MIA perminently I believe now, replaced with an esp nuke that should be easier to see.
                        I believe that was my Buddy Casey that you returned that disc to. It was a Blue ESP Venom I think. I believe your Flx Surge SS is light blue correct? I thank you (if that was you). That disc is hard to find and expensive to replace and I really didn't want to have to give him one from my collection. He was freaking out about a disc golfer had stolen it off the fairway. His faith in humanity was restored that day.

There are still good people in this sport. Just a few bad seeds that ruin the good times for the rest of us.
                        Cleveland Brown

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
                          I believe that was my Buddy Casey that you returned that disc to. It was a Blue ESP Venom I think. I believe your Flx Surge SS is light blue correct? I thank you (if that was you). That disc is hard to find and expensive to replace and I really didn't want to have to give him one from my collection. He was freaking out about a disc golfer had stolen it off the fairway. His faith in humanity was restored that day.

There are still good people in this sport. Just a few bad seeds that ruin the good times for the rest of us.
                          That was me, I was a little embarrassed about putting it in my bag. That is the karma I was talking about though, keep a disc that has someone's number on it and you're asking for your teeth to get kicked in (figuratively speaking) ,loose your favorite ace disc in the river.

I still have 3 discs I am trying to get back to people. I have called at least once a week but haven't had a good schedule to get them back.

(Side note) if you have a venom you want to part with, let me know.

Comment

(Side note) I will only part with ESP Venoms if Discraft agree's to make Z Venoms...
                            Cleveland Brown

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                            Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X