X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whole bag STOLEN, Black Gorilla Boy Simian, Tacoma WA, 2-8-12

My bag was stolen last night out of my car, in North Tacoma it was a black gorilla boy simian bag, pretty much brand new, 6 months old. In it was about 20 Discraft discs, all marked Joshua Olmsted with my phone number. Please keep an eye out if you see a Simian for sale on Craigslist or other sites. A true shame.
    PDGA: #32726 rating: 930 StumptownDG: #31, Trojan Nation: Tag# 06
    dgcoursereview.com profile: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=376

on the bright side

Originally posted by Joshua Olmsted View Post
    My bag was stolen last night out of my car, in North Tacoma it was a black gorilla boy simian bag, pretty much brand new, 6 months old. In it was about 20 Discraft discs, all marked Joshua Olmsted with my phone number. Please keep an eye out if you see a Simian for sale on Craigslist or other sites. A true shame.
    Atleast they were only discraft discs.

sorry.
    Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Really sorry that happened to you Josh. I'll keep my eye out and have a few Discraft discs for you- Z extreme & a buzz. Was it outside of your residence or ? Hope you get your stuff back!

I had my bag stolen out of my car a few years ago, & got it back that same morning by inadvertently (asked if he had seen someone with a bunch of frisbees) hiring out a crack-head to help me track it down. For the low price of $20(upon return), I got my backpack and all 11 putters back. So I guess what I'm saying is, you should drive around and ask every crack-head in the area if they've seen anyone with a bag of frisbees.
      Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Not cool, Chris. Where's your sense of compassion. If you lost your dog, I wouldn't say, at least it was only a cocker-spaniel.
        Last edited by Toby Puttzinski; February 9th, 2012, 07:56 PM. Reason: change-o-smiley
        Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

That sucks Josh...
          I've got some spare stuff...shoot me a pm. If I have anything you need, I'll get them up to you.
          'J' Man
          educate your thinking

Comment

Hey Josh,

That really bites. Hope your bag & disc find their way home.

Post on this thread what you're looking to replace.
            I'll the bet the NW disc golfing community will hook you up!
            Talk to Scott Papa and Dion Arlyn too.

Comment

josh so sorry for the loss of your bag and contents. thiefs like this should face a firing squad and take a wicked sidearm to the dome. Ill voluteer !!!!!! i will keep an eye out for them

Comment

Thanks so much for the kind words and generosity. The bag was taken somewhere in a 6 hour period, either from outside my house (we did have one car break in about a month ago on our street) or when I was bowling (more likely I think as it was on a busier street, at night) the bag was the only thing in my car luckily, as I usually have my laptop in my school back pack. I'm partly bummed just because of how nice I've found North Tacoma and Tacoma in general to be after 4 years here, not that this instance changes my perspective on the city as a whole. As for discs Jeff, I throw ESP/FLX-plastic Surges, Nukes and Avenger SSs, Z-plastic XLs, Z-plastic Xtremes, Any plastic Buzzes, D-plastic Drones, and Hard, X-plastic Challengers.

Comment

Ya ill keep my eye out as well.

Jason
                  It ain't gonna be easy!!!

Comment

Hey Josh, a Z and a full color ESP Buzzz are headed your way...should be there Monday.
                    educate your thinking

Comment

Simple lesson: NEVER leave your bag in your car. Take it in every day. No exceptions.
                      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by JMan View Post
                        Hey Josh, a Z and a full color ESP Buzzz are headed your way...should be there Monday.
                        Thanks so much again, the 4 buzzes were certainly the hardest to lose

Comment

Great post on reddit, Josh. Glad to hear things are working out for you and you are getting some back-ups.
                          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Hey Josh I have a esp surge with the ambiant course logo on it for ya, ya know some local plastic!! I'm gona b around steili this weekend 2-18/or 2-19. PM me your number, I also have a 150 esp flick and some of them ace race putters if ya need'em
                            Hukin since 1992
                            DGOD #115

Comment

So there is a happy ending to this story, (aside from learning value of the generosity of the DG community) Last night a local Tacoma woman called me to tell me that she had my disc golf bag, she was clearly nervous about calling me due to the criminal nature of the issue. We met up today, only about a mile from where my bag was taken, from what I could gather without wanting to push it too much, someone she knew from the neighborhood dropped the bag off at her house (I have an eerie feeling it might have been one of her children) she said her ex-husband was a disc golfer and told her what it was and that she should check the discs for a phone number. She was an incredibly nice person, she said she was "sick of seeing things like this in her neighborhood" and even more impressively she told me that she was returning the bag to me in secret and that the culprit would "flip out if he knew I was returning it." She wouldn't even take the reward I had offered to her for bringing my bag back. It just goes to reinforce my belief that the vast majority of people on this planet are good, kind-hearted souls, it's only the desperate and the destitute who commit acts like stealing bags out of cars.

To the folks in Portland who sent up discs, I'm coming back to town in 3 weeks and I can bring back your discs, (amazingly, all 21 of my discs where in the returned bag ) again, Jeff, Jman, Dan, Toby, Mikk, thank you so much for your generosity

Practical lesson learned: Don't leave my bag in my back seat

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X