X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discs stolen out of Lost and Found?

I get a call yesterday afternoon from Ma Horning saying they found my disc and it would be in the bucket. I get there today to pick it up and it is not there. Not only was it not there, there were about ten fewer discs than there were when I was there last week. All of the nicer looking discs are history. All that is left is five pretty beat DX (type) discs. Not to be accusing anyone of anything, but it appears that someone is using the lost and found bucket for their own personal (and free) disc store.

Ma Horning was there when I was looking through the bucket and she was pissed! She said she may move the bucket inside and require ID to pick up a disc.

Originally posted by Scott View Post
    I get a call yesterday afternoon from Ma Horning saying they found my disc and it would be in the bucket. I get there today to pick it up and it is not there. Not only was it not there, there were about ten fewer discs than there were when I was there last week. All of the nicer looking discs are history. All that is left is five pretty beat DX (type) discs. Not to be accusing anyone of anything, but it appears that someone is using the lost and found bucket for their own personal (and free) disc store.

Ma Horning was there when I was looking through the bucket and she was pissed! She said she may move the bucket inside and require ID to pick up a disc.
    That's just sad.
    Huh...I didn't even see that tree.
    PDGA #37890
    Stumptown #157
    ODW TDG 10-11
    3C&D TDG 09-10

Comment

Originally posted by D-Walk View Post
      That's just sad.
      What more can be said!

Bob

Comment

By the way, if you see someone throwing a fly-dye blue/green valkyrie, ask to see it. If it has my name on the inside rim, do me a favor and kick the dude in the balls (if he has any). Thanks in advance.

Comment

Discs are a small-time theft. Stealing trust is big-time. May their balls be kicked hard enough to bring the point home.
          The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
          ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Thats why I try my best to check out the bucket and take out the ones with names i recognize, that way they are in good hands and will be returned. Same goes for any I find on the course. If I know the person, I take it with me. An no, the ones that apparently went missing recently were not from me taking them. I dont trust open lost and founds like that. We all know how honest some people can be.
            All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

start id'in customers for the lost and found seems like the next step in preventing Crimes against Disc golfers... It is common for people to go to lost and found bins and just take what they think no one else wants, they prob dont realize Disc Golf has a different set of rules with lost and found.

Comment

Sadly, it would be best IF the lost & found was "monitored"

Morley Field in San Diego has a policy that works..

Bring in a Found Disc & get $1. Owner of the Disc then Pays $1 to get it back.

It actually works......

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X