Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, he is clairvoyant. Stranger things have happened. Got some Lotto numbers for me, Sam?

This site will now return to the official No Having Fun policy.

I joined another forum with 102,000+ members (mostly rednecks). Everyone there seems to want to be helpful and few harsh words are typed. I posted about a computer problem I have and said I was in, "computer Hell." When my post appeared it said, "...computer ****." I couldn't believe it and commented on how funny this was I couldn't use the four letter word for the hot place down below. I think I was six in 1953 the last time I got in trouble for saying that word.
    Last edited by Ol' Bob; June 21st, 2011, 06:48 PM.
    The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
    ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
      You have just accused Sam of a crime. If past actions are any indication, you will soon be uncerimoniously banned from this site without any discussion from the moderator team. It's been nice knowing you.
      Oh, I think that there was some ceremony, Scott.

How's that lemon taste, by the way?
      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
        Okay, he is clairvoyant. Stranger things have happened. Got some Lotto numbers for me, Sam?

This site will now return to the official No Having Fun policy.

I joined another forum with 102,000+ members (mostly rednecks). Everyone there seems to want to be helpful and few harsh words are typed. I posted about a computer problem I have and said I was in, "computer Hell." When my post appeared it said, "...computer ****." I couldn't believe it and commented on how funny this was I couldn't use the four letter word for the hot place down below. I think I was six in 1953 the last time I got in trouble for saying that word.
        If you try to put the initialism "UPS" into a shipment on the FedEx web site, it strikes the 'word' as being profane! I encountered this when trying to ship an Uninterruptible Power Supply.
        Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
        Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
        Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
        Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
        Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
          Oh, I think that there was some ceremony, Scott.

How's that lemon taste, by the way?
          Bitter? No. Brody has reason to be, though.

I am a bit confused, though. How come when Brody accused you of a crime you `attacked him and then banned him from the site before he could respond. But when Bob accused you of a crime, you did nothing. Both "accusations" were equal in their seriousness, imo.

I fully understand why some of the more vocal members of this site complain about the double standard around here.

BTW - did you miss my request to be removed from the moderator team? I'm also confused about why that hasn't happened.

Comment

Just curious if anybody has found a Orange star roc with the name of Cecil on the bottom?

Bob

Comment

Right, Scott... you don't sound bitter or whiny at all. Not at all.
              ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

did I mention it has a huk lab stamp?

Comment

Originally posted by black mamba View Post
                  did I mention it has a huk lab stamp?
                  Hey Mamba,

In the event this one, small fact gets lost in the sea of sarcasm... thank you for trying to return a disc to its owner.

Jeff
                  "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
                    Hey Mamba,

In the event this one, small fact gets lost in the sea of sarcasm... thank you for trying to return a disc to its owner.

Jeff
                    Indeed.

Always taking the high road, aren't you Jeff?

No good deed goes unpunished around here.

Comment

Funny how at least one of your posts was reported, Scott... but we never did discuss that, did we? How does that saying go about pointing fingers at others and not noticing the fingers pointing back at you on the same hand? It's a good one...
                      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post

Funny how at least one of your posts was reported, Scott... but we never did discuss that, did we? How does that saying go about pointing fingers at others and not noticing the fingers pointing back at you on the same hand? It's a good one...
                        If the moderator team feels I am due a warning I would happily accept it.
                        Last I checked, it was never discussed.

Comment

A lot of posts got flagged in that thread but only a few of them discussed. As far as I am concerned, it is water under the bridge. You can keep griping about how unfair I was to Brody all you wish and I will read that in the same light that I would react were I a duck and your words were water. We do not see eye to eye on this subject, obviously, and I doubt that that will change any time soon.

That said, I do appreciate the time and effort you have put in to being a moderator here and I would be remiss to not thank you for that, so... Thank you, Scott.

See ya on the course.
                          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

PDGA # 31451
                            2 Mini Aces
                            75 Aces
                            PEOPLE WHO HELP ME LOTS IN DISC GOLF
                            DISC GOLF OR DIE
                            BOB CABAL
                            DISCVANGO
                            JEFF ELLIOT
                            G-MAN
                            JORDAN LEWIS
                            JEFF HAGERTY
                            JAMES GARCELON
                            SAM GIBSON

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

Comment

Sam certainly knows me well enough to know I was digging at him in fun. No emoticons were even necessary. He's learned not to mess with me on the course now too.
                              The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                              ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

I did know that, Bob. Scott was merely trying to get the sour taste out of his mouth... ya know... from the lemon.
                                ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X