X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Etiquette when finding lost plastic ?

So I found a disc the other day at my course. There was a name and phone number on the disc, so I looked up the number and it turns out they are from Alberta and being in BC it's about an 8 hour drive to the city he lives in. Regardless I called the number and got voice mail and left a message. I said my name was chad and I'd found his disc. I left my phone number, my email and said he could hit me up on my club's website. That was 5 days ago and I've heard nothing. At this point do I throw the disc if I want to ? Do I leave it in my trunk and give it to him if I ever see him by chance ?

The way I see it, i reached out and left 3 ways to contact me.
    My favourite putter is my driver.

The basic rule I have heard and normally live by is 30 days. You did do the right thing by leaving all your contact info. A follow up call in a few days would mean you put out that much more effort.
    All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

I recently pulled a disc from the middle of a river inlet when looking for a friends lost disc. I called the number and left a message. 3 weeks later I sent it to the next adventure used bin. 4 weeks after i left the message I got a call for it. he said keep it and I told him its already gone. 3 week grace period is plenty long.
      ________
      Asian xxx
      Last edited by Jonesy; March 17th, 2011, 01:46 PM.

Comment

He would have lost this at the course in June 09, so I wonder if he just doesn't care anymore.

Comment

My "called" pile is getting pretty big. Recently I culled the beat up DXs out of it and the 'no-names' pile and put them in the loaner box. Some of the "called" ones have been in there for years. Unfortunately, I didn't date them when I called and I have no memory of when I called. Someday I'm going to have to sell the no-namers. That pile is getting pretty big too.
          The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
          ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

sell the no namers on here.........! lol

Comment

Yeah, got any ce teebirds in there?

Comment

I played Lucky Mud with a disc with no name,
                it felt good to get out of the rains.

At the Lucky, you can't remember your name,
                'cuz ol Bob's there for to show you the chains. La la la la la la la lalalalalalalalaaaa La...
                Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude, 1998.

Comment

Not America, man...
                  I've had a hard night.
                  The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                  ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Call twice, then get it to someone that will throw it.

I refuse to throw blackouts - even if I found a brand-spankin' new Gatecraftova speed seventy-thousand driver molded in their new unobtanium plastic.

I'd still drop it in the first drop box I saw or give it to another player.

Just can't bring myself to throw blackouts...

If you're in a position like Bob's at the mud, call twice and dispose of them as you wish, be that for the betterment of the course through raising $ or the betterment of the course purveyor by enriching his or her bag.

And yes, there should be no 70s pop references on this board - the moderators will let it slide usually, but it is strictly against the TOU.

Comment

Originally posted by erp View Post
                      i refuse to throw blackouts - even if i found a brand-spankin' new gatecraftova speed seventy-thousand driver molded in their new unobtanium plastic.
                      lol.........its 11pm and im finding that comment funny as hell. I think ill go to bed now.
                      WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

Originally posted by SPIDER-DAN View Post
                        lol.........its 11pm and im finding that comment funny as hell. I think ill go to bed now.
                        Hmmmmm . . . I think I need to go to bed too then . . . hehe

-Derek

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                        Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X