Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost Plastic at Pass Creek Park's Inaugural Event . . .

We at DGO are estimating that at least 100 discs were thrown into the water at Pass Creek Park's inaugural event About 40 of which were rescued the day of the event, leaving somewhere around 60 pieces of plastic still lurkin' . . . please don't hate me . . . these are just estimates, of course

Within our 5-year agreement with Douglas County it is stated that we have permission to enter the water to retrieve wayward plastic, and we will be doing so come Spring , when there is less "BRRRRRRRR"

This being said, please click on the provided link below to list lost plastic by yourselves and non-online friends along with where it was lost. I will personally catalog each entry, maybe simplifying the return process . . . thanks in advance for the help. I mean, you want your plastic back, right? Hopefully, everyone at the event made use of the plentiful Sharpies we had available for unmarked plastic.

BTW, if you do not already have a log-in on www.DiscGolfOregon.com, it's easy and it's free . . . create a name and a password, enjoy quick, simple, then list any lost plastic, and feel free to navigate the site (check the videos, first )

DiscGolfOregon.com, Pass Creek Park DGC: Lost Plastic . . . <---- CLICK HERE

-Derek

www.discgolforegon.com

Lost plastic at Pass Creek . . .

So . . . I'd really like to have a more complete list of lost plastic at Pass Creek . . . If you lost anything at Pass Creek Park's inaugural event, "Pass Creek Ice Bowl 2010", and have not already posted or contacted me, then please follow the aforementioned link . . . or post lost plastic here . . .

-Derek
    www.DiscGolfOregon.com

Comment

I have a champion red "northwest series" firebird with my name and number on it and a champion orange banshee with "Ace hole #5 at The Grove" written on the back. Both are in the water short of the island hole(#3). Thanks for trying to get all the discs back, very much appreciated.
      -Dustin Keegan

Comment

Lost a gorgeous tri-fly dyed Roadrunner that went right on Dave Feldberg's hole - into the creek or over. Probably gone.

I think I should ask Dave to replace it.
        ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

It might not be smart to publish when numerous discs go in the water some place.
          The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
          ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
            It might not be smart to publish when numerous discs go in the water some place.

Luckily, it is illegal for anyone but the County or Disc Golf Oregon to enter the Lake. The park host, Donna, and her husband, Wendell, keep a VERY close eye on their beloved park . . . no one could enter that water without them noticing.

Besides, no one in their sane mind would want to enter that nasty water . . . 'cept us. We will be using waders and possibly a single floating device for our semi-annual cleanups . . . amongst our many disc retrieval "technique" ideas

In other words, this is one of those cases where we should be safe in publicly discussing a large cache of lost plastic . . .

-Derek

www.DiscGolfOregon.com

Comment

quit tryin to scare people out of the water. some of us disc divers call the numbers without the help of the caretakers or the police. divin for discs is fun. get a wetsuit and give it a try all year round.)
              ________
              Simca Ariane
              Last edited by Jonesy; March 17th, 2011, 01:39 PM.

Comment

'T'wasn't aimed at you, Jonsey.
                The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonesy View Post
                  quit tryin to scare people out of the water. some of us disc divers call the numbers without the help of the caretakers or the police. divin for discs is fun. get a wetsuit and give it a try all year round.)

If you wanna wetsuit in this water, I'd be more than happy to oblige . . . hell, I'll buy ya a six pack and dinner, maybe even pitch in on your gas. Luckily, Pass Creek Park has showers on site

-Derek

www.DiscGolfOregon.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                  Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X