Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny, I found a champion boss new untagged yesterday and, shock of shocks it throws exactly like the other one in my bag - they must have screwed up.

Either way - this particular r-pro is a 150 class that was for the Japan Open so it has a fancy stamp - I believe 'Ol Bob threw it once when I visited the Mud this summer, so by his proposed definition of "lady" (which frightens me, incidentally...) it's dame approved!

I traded Sillybiz for it so it has both of our numbers coming off of it as sharpie does on R-Pro.

As far as flippy goes it's the flipperificiest piece of plastic I won and I'm afraid that on the right drive I could probably hit myself in the back of the head with it.

It's merely looking for the right arm to continue it's illustrious career...

Comment

Originally posted by chris7graham View Post
      thats why i just switched to discraft
      You say that as if its a solution to the problem of inconsistent molding.

Frizbeerose: your best bet might be to just grab a low 160's DX Valkyrie and beat it in again. Your old one probably wasn't a super anny disc to start, it just wore in to one.

That way you will have one that feels and flies similar to your old one, it will just take a little time to work it in.
      We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Originally posted by Parks View Post
        You say that as if its a solution to the problem of inconsistent molding.

Frizbeerose: your best bet might be to just grab a low 160's DX Valkyrie and beat it in again. Your old one probably wasn't a super anny disc to start, it just wore in to one.

That way you will have one that feels and flies similar to your old one, it will just take a little time to work it in.

yep... you are right... I'm working on it... my dad sells discs (innova and discraft), but he doesn't have the dx valk in the 160ish range right now and I'm too lazy to trek anywhere else to try and find one... plus, what if a boss annie's even longer and prettier for me? I'm excited to try it out.

One thing I've really been thinking about with my game recently is that it is very good to throw what you know and to really learn your throws and the discs in your bag, but in the last 6 months my game has improved by some serious leaps and bounds and I'm thinking it might be time to get a little bit more aggressive and adventurous and try out new throws and new plastic... letting go of this valk may end up being just exactly the disc golf therapy my game is in need of!
        "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
        Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
          Those light R-Pros were made jus fer us girls (if 'us girls' can be made to include decrepit old men). I just wish they could last longer, because before they get flippy, they are my goto long drivers too.

Please, Innova, give us some light DX Bosses pretty soon!

I wonder if the delay is because Innova is in negotiations with Springsteen for the image to be used on the stamp?

I don't know, bob, I think you may have to classify yourself as a geezer, not a girl... the whole "old" thing is a touchy subject for most of us ladies (and especially me since I turned 30)... I might just have to kick your decrepit butt right out of the girl's club so as not to be considered old by association...

Comment

I suspect you quoted me because you wanted to see that Springsteen pic again.

In my day, we all vowed never to trust anyone over thirty. I had my mid-life crisis for my thirtieth birthday. Every decade marker since has been a snap after that one bad one. It gets to where you're happy just to get another.
            The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
            ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by frizbeerose View Post
              yep... you are right... I'm working on it... my dad sells discs (innova and discraft), but he doesn't have the dx valk in the 160ish range right now and I'm too lazy to trek anywhere else to try and find one... plus, what if a boss annie's even longer and prettier for me? I'm excited to try it out.

One thing I've really been thinking about with my game recently is that it is very good to throw what you know and to really learn your throws and the discs in your bag, but in the last 6 months my game has improved by some serious leaps and bounds and I'm thinking it might be time to get a little bit more aggressive and adventurous and try out new throws and new plastic... letting go of this valk may end up being just exactly the disc golf therapy my game is in need of!
              Absolutely, try as many discs as you can.

Just don't discount the Valkyrie, because its an incredibly proven disc for people in your distance range (according to your distance listed in the other thread).

Hell, the Valkyrie is still one of my longest discs, and it reliably flips and holds an anny line whenever I want it to.
              We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Not to mention, still the record holder for distance.

Don't forget the power of the sledgehammer, Emma.
                Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

I made the mistake of falling in love this year, I didn't mean for it to happen, it just did. I swore I would play the field, try new things, not become attached, but we were together all the time, we knew exactly what the other was going to do. Everytime I threw her she made me smile. And then one fateful day at the Dalliewood Ace Race. I was playing the half mile hole when the course became overrun by a busload of pre teens! There were people everywhere! It was horrible! Although I was playing in a large group, nobody was watching my shot, how could they, there were too many people around to keep track of. I too was not focused, and I shanked my third shot, it hyzered left into the rough by tee pad#7. She never came back! I loved that Destroyer! I still love that destroyer! If anybody has seen her, tell her to come back home!
                  A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

It's nice to hear other people's stories about disc love, makes it so I don't feel so alone in this time of loss... however, Tim... I think you were right the first time around that maybe a sledgehammer is not the best way to break in a disc ...

And, yes, Bob... I did just want another peek at Ol' Bruce... ... but I'm still kicking you out of the girl's club... but I'll give you another option... in this tournie my family has we have what's called The Working Man and The Working Women's Division... for those dedicated golfers who just aren't quite in the same league as some of the bigger arm boys (and girls)...

and, Parks, I would never dream of giving up my Valks... they are a part of my disc golfing soul forever!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                    Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X