X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really need this disc!

Alrighty, folks... I was trying to let this go... but I just can't find a replacement for this disc so I am going to beg and plead to have it returned to me... I left my 162g faded, ugly yellow dx valk on #8 at Meadow Ridge out at Horning's... fridgecat found it and put it in the buckets and let me know here on the forum that he had found it. It was signed in pink sharpie emmarose with 3 little stars... I have looked 3 times in the buckets (I think Ma is starting to get suspicious of my intentions ) and it is not there . I can't figure what happened to it other than someone needed an extra disc, thought this one was so ugly who would ever want it back and snagged it when they were looking for one of theirs... or something... please if you have it, put it back in the buckets, send me a PM... and I promise from now on to put my # as well as my name on all my discs... and if you see someone throwing it, snake it from them and get it back in the buckets for me... thank you thank you thank you if you can help me... nothing anheyzers for me like that valk did...

peace threw disc golf,
    emmarose
    "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
    Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Sorry

Originally posted by frizbeerose View Post
    Alrighty, folks... I was trying to let this go... but I just can't find a replacement for this disc so I am going to beg and plead to have it returned to me... I left my 162g faded, ugly yellow dx valk on #8 at Meadow Ridge out at Horning's... fridgecat found it and put it in the buckets and let me know here on the forum that he had found it. It was signed in pink sharpie emmarose with 3 little stars... I have looked 3 times in the buckets (I think Ma is starting to get suspicious of my intentions ) and it is not there . I can't figure what happened to it other than someone needed an extra disc, thought this one was so ugly who would ever want it back and snagged it when they were looking for one of theirs... or something... please if you have it, put it back in the buckets, send me a PM... and I promise from now on to put my # as well as my name on all my discs... and if you see someone throwing it, snake it from them and get it back in the buckets for me... thank you thank you thank you if you can help me... nothing anheyzers for me like that valk did...

peace threw disc golf,
    emmarose
    I know how you feel, I had the same thing happen to me. I just happen to be at Disc Golf Depot right now and the have a 163 DX Valkyrie. Just thought I would let you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Amber View Post
      I know how you feel, I had the same thing happen to me. I just happen to be at Disc Golf Depot right now and the have a 163 DX Valkyrie. Just thought I would let you know.
      thanks, amiga... I've tried other dx valks... there was just something super special about this one that made it annie like a dream for me... I don't know if it was the years it spent laying out on my front porch thru all kinds of weather, or the huge gouge I took out of it hitting the metal stake for the horse fence or what... but nothing has worked out the same for me...

peace threw disc golf,
      em

Comment

Nothing like familiar flippy.

I've said it often: "Innova Discs: No Two Alike."

I love my DXs. Some of them, anyway; the ones that get into your wheelhouse and stay there for a long ride.
        The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
        ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

i know what you mean, my game hasnt been the same since i lost my beat up old wraith

Comment

see... I thought I just had attachment issues, but I'm glad I'm not the only one who has a particular disc that can never be replaced... unfortunately this is a huge bummer then when you lose that one disc. So many of the discs in my bag, tho, are well used, well loved, and seemingly irreplaceable... the benefit of losing my backhand anheyzer disc is that I've been having to use a forehand drive on certain holes and I'm really seeing major improvement...

... however, I still want that Valk back!

... also my pirate monkey that I lost on #13 on the Canyon Course that same day!

Comment

Counting on that forehand fade to replace that backhand annie arc? I can't see it. Two different curves. The sad thing about the old DXs is, even the great ones will eventually get even more beat. I see all DXs as consumables.

Comment

I LOST/LEFT A 150 CHAMPION SIDEWINDER AT RIVESIDE, WA AND I HAVE A HARD TIME FINDING A DISC THAT FLIES JUST LIKE THAT ONE DID........

ANYWAY, PLEASE PUT THE DISC BACK WHOEVER TOOK IT.........ITS BAD KARMA YOU KNOW..........IT WILL NEVER WORK FOR YOU THE WAY YOU WANT IT TO...........BAD JUJU!!!
                WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
                  Counting on that forehand fade to replace that backhand annie arc? I can't see it. Two different curves. The sad thing about the old DXs is, even the great ones will eventually get even more beat. I see all DXs as consumables.
                  yeah... it's not the same, not as big, not as far, not as pretty... but I'm trying to find the silver lining anyway

Comment

I have a totally beat 150 R-Pro Boss that you can have - it just turns over for me and I don't throw rollers so it's been relegated to the basement...

It's not your disc, but could be similar...

Originally posted by frizbeerose View Post
                    yeah... it's not the same, not as big, not as far, not as pretty... but I'm trying to find the silver lining anyway

Comment

Originally posted by erp View Post
                      I have a totally beat 150 R-Pro Boss that you can have - it just turns over for me and I don't throw rollers so it's been relegated to the basement...

It's not your disc, but could be similar...
                      wow... I can feel the love from the disc golf community! What support, what friendship based on a true passion for a great sport! Thank you so much, erp! I may just have to take you up on this offer... my tiny hands have a hard time wrapping all the way around the lips on some of the discs out there these days (hence my loyalty to valks of all sorts), but last saturday at pier I had an opportunity to throw someone else's beat r-pro boss and it sure as heck turned over without much of an effort for me... you're a peach!

Comment

My goto annie flipper is my oldest beater 150 R-Pro Boss. It took the spot in my bag that had the Monarch, which became the back-up.

Comment

certainly seems like it may be worth a try... plus, I've always thought it would be cool to throw a Boss...

Comment

Those light R-Pros were made jus fer us girls (if 'us girls' can be made to include decrepit old men). I just wish they could last longer, because before they get flippy, they are my goto long drivers too.

Please, Innova, give us some light DX Bosses pretty soon!

I wonder if the delay is because Innova is in negotiations with Springsteen for the image to be used on the stamp?
                            Last edited by Ol' Bob; November 19th, 2009, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
                              Nothing like familiar flippy.

I've said it often: "Innova Discs: No Two Alike."

I love my DXs. Some of them, anyway; the ones that get into your wheelhouse and stay there for a long ride.
                              thats why i just switched to discraft
                              PDGA # 31451
                              2 Mini Aces
                              75 Aces
                              PEOPLE WHO HELP ME LOTS IN DISC GOLF
                              DISC GOLF OR DIE
                              BOB CABAL
                              DISCVANGO
                              JEFF ELLIOT
                              G-MAN
                              JORDAN LEWIS
                              JEFF HAGERTY
                              JAMES GARCELON
                              SAM GIBSON

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X