X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big thanks to Brice Lang *please read*

I posted on the lost and found section of this forum about my missing KC Pro Roc and I ended up getting a call from Brice that he found it in the used bin at Next Adventure

I have to admit the number was probably hard to read, but after reading my post on here he told the person at the front counter that the disc was a missing disc and although it was not easy, he got it back for me with no charge.

Personally, I think they should only take used discs that match the persons ID that is selling them. It does not seem right that someone can find a disc, (regardless if the number is hard to read) or fish it out of a pond somewhere and cash it in without being quesitoned.

I just wanted to thank him for reading my post and getting it back. Please do not go into NA expecting to get a disc back without paying for it in the used bin, but do beleive in good disc karma.

So, high five to Brice y'all

Originally posted by E-ROC View Post
    I posted on the lost and found section of this forum about my missing KC Pro Roc and I ended up getting a call from Brice that he found it in the used bin at Next Adventure

I have to admit the number was probably hard to read, but after reading my post on here he told the person at the front counter that the disc was a missing disc and although it was not easy, he got it back for me with no charge.

Personally, I think they should only take used discs that match the persons ID that is selling them. It does not seem right that someone can find a disc, (regardless if the number is hard to read) or fish it out of a pond somewhere and cash it in without being quesitoned.

I just wanted to thank him for reading my post and getting it back. Please do not go into NA expecting to get a disc back without paying for it in the used bin, but do beleive in good disc karma.

So, high five to Brice y'all
    Actually, they have a policy that allows you to get your own disc back for $2.00 if you can prove that it is yours (ID). It took a lot of begging, but I was able to get one of the Trojan Nation discs back without ID, but I still paid $2.00.

I go into NA quite a bit during lunch, specifically to look through the used discs. If I see the name of someone I know I will usually give them a call, unless I see their name on several discs (in which case I assume they probably cleaned out the garage).

I do like the idea of having to show ID to sell a disc. Although all someone would have to do is black out the owner's name and put their own on.

Hooray for karma!

Comment

Yeah - I think about that from time to time when I pull out a disc that I traded for (usually with someone on here...) but I figure if anyone gets a call, either me or the folks I traded with the disc will likely find it's way back to me.

Granted I get calls on far fewer discs than I lose

Comment

Granted I get calls on far fewer discs than I lose
        Lose more discs here and I guarantee your percentages will go up. Just came in the door from another disc hunt. Found three, but not the one I was looking for (Zippyboy's Force).
        The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
        ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
        Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X