Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, that's the hole.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Comment

I'm NEVER going to play that pro tee on ten.
      The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
      ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
        I'm NEVER going to play that pro tee on ten.
        I think it's a much easier shot, assuming you can throw 200' reliably. Forehand, backhand, hyzer, straight, flex - it doesn't matter. Throw too hard and you've got a backstop behind you.

Comment

Sorry, but I'm a devout coward. I won't even go hyzer out around that tree on the short tee on ten.

Comment

Vastly easier - I was really bummed at the RCO when I found out that this totally accessible (even for ams) ace run had been eliminated (along with 18, which is the only hole I've aced at Trojan) I was seriously bummed.

It also made me a bit dissappointed that the ace pot was mandatory when those two holes were out of the picture. For my wimpy arm, that left 13 and maybe 14 (on a good day, with a tailwind) as ace runs, albeit both much higher risk shots.

Not that the Rose City Open was anything less than spectacular, and the two TD's did excellent work as is becoming the norm on Stumptown events.

I agree the shot along the bank is a much riskier (and sloppier when it's not summer/fall...) one than the clear and open run across the pond...

Originally posted by Scott View Post
            I think it's a much easier shot, assuming you can throw 200' reliably. Forehand, backhand, hyzer, straight, flex - it doesn't matter. Throw too hard and you've got a backstop behind you.

Comment

Sorry, but I'm a devout coward.
              It's an easier shot than some of the shule you throw over at the mud!

Comment

Yeah, but...

I don't have gills and I will be getting up here the next morning and can go looking for my lost discs if I choose.

Comment

C'mon Bob, I'll meet you out there and let you throw one of MY discs at it...nothing like the elation of watching a shot shape out over all that water and then break for the basket!

Sorry, but I'm a devout coward.

Comment

Seriously, it's probably the easiest shot on the course. If you were throwing over a grassy field you wouldn't think twice about it. In fact, you'd probably wonder why such an easy hole was included on the course.

Comment

I cut my scores in half when I started playing Trojan super cautious. Lost one disc in the water the first time I was there and never again dunked one that couldn't be easily reached. I feel okay driving on nine, but ten-pro freaks me out.

Comment

Yeah, but...

I don't have gills and I will be getting up here the next morning and can go looking for my lost discs if I choose.
                        Throw it hard straight at the basket!!! only way ya lose the disc is by wimping out

Comment

Okay, okay, maybe y'all talked me into it. I'm going to empty erp's bag on it.

Comment

Now THAT'S the spirit!

Comment

If that's the case, you should throw the Pro 12 from this years RCO.

Comment

I'd like to point out that I won't be providing plastic for any such endeavor...

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                                If that's the case, you should throw the Pro 12 from this years RCO.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X