X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sam View Post
    Let's do both. I am not much of a gambler... do you mean scratcher or a quick-pick or... ?

Any chance we can do that this week? I would love to throw that Gazelle this coming weekend - though not on hole 14 at Trojan. It was in the water, wasn't it? I thought it was going to smack chains but the second throw was a touch shorter and found in the reeds by the bank.

wow somehow I missed the last 2 posts on page 5 so I never replied to this .. sure we can play this week. Name your course, scratch-its are the best because I can win instantly!

Comment

• What are you up to Thursday evening? I am planning on a round at Pier. About 5:45-6:00?
      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

• yeah that works for me.

Comment

• Sweet. See you there. Will have the good wife with me as well as a good friend. Should be a good foursome.
          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

• ahhh sounds fun. I'm normally under there, last night I got a 7-8 over .. it was horrible. I just hit every tree and fell completely apart. Hopefully Thursday I will fare better.

Comment

• LOST 7/7/09

Yellow DX Roc, pond behind #2 basket
              Red DX Aviar "ROSE CITY OPEN 2006" stamp left into water 80' shy of basket, hole 12.

Name and number on both, Would reward with beer for either.

John Bain

Comment

• Originally posted by loocid
                Hey all, thanks for a great site and forum, seems like tons of good info on here! My first post

---
                It's a damp, cool morning at Trojan Park. The wind is twisting through the course with bold, sporadic gusts. I approach the tee-pad at hole #9 thoughtfully. I feel calm, not exactly confident, but happy to have saved a series of near disasters on #8. A lone fisherman sits on the opposite shore of the lagoon, far to my right, just at the spot where the bank begins to curve towards the hole. He is wrapped in a thick, greasy flannel, his hat pulled low over his eyes. He can see me I think, but he's stoic, solid, fishing...

The angler is sitting directly under the flight path of a back-hand bomber, so I opt to play it safe. I decide on a fore-hand shot with my green Z-Flick. I visualize the shot gliding straight out from the tee, with a floaty turn to the right, clearing the trees and landing near the basket. I step onto the tee pad, and draw a deep breath, gripping the disc tightly. As it leaves my hands, a sickening feeling of terror sweeps through my gut. I can feel the wind gust suddenly. Small troughing waves swell up in the lagoon, churning against the banks, sending the ducks shrieking into the woods. My disc lurches and staggers through the winds, first to the left, then to the right, and all the while up, up, up...

I look at the fisherman, and he hasn't even flinched. I realize then, that he's seen this all before, and is in no danger. We've come to a silent agreement now, well aware that the disc is going into the water, and it does...
                ---

Hmmm, also lost a neon-yellowish, Buzz GT, in some tall grass in a secret location, but that's another story, for another time...

My discs usually have my e-mail on them, and maybe a little smiley face. Ok, thanks and have fun!
                This has my vote for post of the year candidate (do we have an award for that?). The style of writing reminds me of a local sports writer...
                TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

Comment

• He could have just said, "Durn it, ...skyed it."
                  The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                  ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

• Thanks Brian for calling about my Eagle today. I am excited to get that baby back. I already made a spot for it in the bag.
                    Current World Rank: 2857th
                    Lowest Rated Round: 777
                    Worst Tournament Finish: 2nd From DFL MA2 GNO 2008
                    Worst Drive: 10 Feet behind teepad
                    Shortest Putt Missed During a Tournament: < 1 foot (Not Kidding)
                    Best Fall: Hole 11 Trojan Park, before cement teepads
                    Dirtiest Ace: Hole 12 Horning's Canyon Course through the "V" tree.
                    Pairs of Shoes Ruined: 6

Comment

• Originally posted by keys View Post
                      Thanks Brian for calling about my Eagle today. I am excited to get that baby back. I already made a spot for it in the bag.
                      I was gone when we talked so I didn't get to put it in the proper pile right away. Did you say you wanted to pick it up at RCO on Saturday or?

Comment

• Still on for this evening, yeah Brian?
                        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

• I am .. in preparation I decided to see if I could get some distance on my drive. So I took 69 discs out to a park and threw them full force to try and improve my snap, not once, but twice. I just can't seem to get past 350ft on a regular basis. But I wake up and every muscle on the right side of my body feels like it is locked up. I am sure I will be better by this evening though

Comment

• Sounds good. D-Walk and Jamie and I will be there by 5:45 or so. See ya at tee 1.
                            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam View Post
                              Sounds good. D-Walk and Jamie and I will be there by 5:45 or so. See ya at tee 1.
                              Brian - do you think you could bring my Max to Jamie instead?
                              That way I could pick it up Saturday morning and still use it during the tournament.

Thanks!

Comment

• Yeah, I will bring it with me tonight then

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X