X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tim View Post
    Since Trojan probably has the most lost discs...
    The claim to fame!

The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
    ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

yeah, me too

Darkish blue (duh) Star Destroyer, 2 feet off the hole 6 ledge, pin deep from the tee. Marked only with the initials JM. One more skip and it was in bounds....so close, yet so far away...

Comment

I did not pick up a destroyer on my last trip sorry. it was early last week .. so if it went in after that then it will be on the next trip.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
          Since Trojan probably has the most lost discs, and Mitch requested all posts be in one thread, I've gone ahead and stickied this one so people can find it easily.
          Woo hoo! Thanks Tim!
          TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

Comment

Trojan only got 1 from me this weekend it it was on the Peninsula hole. A old warped CE Eagle faded white with a yellowish rim crossed over the the corner that juts outs and splashed in the middle.......
            faded name and # on it
            "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Interesting

So, late last night, I received a phone call from a number my cell phone didn't know, from an area code I wasn't familiar with. The guy asks if I am Mitch. Of course, I tell him that I am. He goes on to say that he pulled a disc of mine out of the river. Awesome. Turns out it was a green FLX Surge. He tells me he pulled it from the Brady course. I thought he meant the course near my in-laws house near Brady, WA. No, actually, he meant the course at Brady Park - in TEXAS!

The disc he had was the very first disc I ever won in a tourney (Gawain's last Ice Bowl). I threw it at Trojan on hole 10, thinking that I couldn't possibly flip a Surge. Apparently I was wrong, as the disc landed itself in the middle of the pond. Of the many discs I have lost out there, that was one of only two that I have ever really wanted back. I let the guy keep it, as it sounds like he belongs to a group of huckers down there that are similar to the 'Nation - they rigged a rake to help them pull discs out of the river, and then they call back the people who lost them.

Though there is no way I can accurately pin this on Brian, it seems like he would be the most likely culprit in my disc somehow ending up in Texas. However, whoever was responsible for that, thanks, ass.

~Z

I will now resume trying to stay out of local disc politics...
              TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

Comment

Wild. Murry just got a surge of mine out of the pond at Dabney, which is interesting considering I lost in the pond off hole 12 at Trojan ... go figure.
                educate your thinking

Comment

I know, the Dabney pond and that Texas river are connected to the cooling ponds by underground streams!

Comment

Found plastic: I will be calling about these, too...

Champion Plastic disc - totally blank top, some faded stars written in sharpie on the back. If this might be yours, PM me on here and we can discuss it.

Dave Swanda's Champion Plastic disc.

Yellow Champion Viking with two numbers on it, and only one name.

Star dyed TeeBird belonging to Eric.

A DX Roc belonging to Alex.

And a HukLab Champion Beast, belonging to Patrick.

Calls will be made.

~Z

(thankfully none of these discs ended up in Texas...)

Comment

Originally posted by zippyboy View Post
                      Dave Swanda's Champion Plastic disc.
                      Is it orange? Could be the one he used to ace #3 at Mud.

Blarnystoner will know what to do with that one.

Comment

Throw it back in?

Sorry.

Comment

champion viking, possibly mine?

Comment

Originally posted by zippyboy View Post
                            So, late last night, I received a phone call from a number my cell phone didn't know, from an area code I wasn't familiar with. The guy asks if I am Mitch. Of course, I tell him that I am. He goes on to say that he pulled a disc of mine out of the river. Awesome. Turns out it was a green FLX Surge. He tells me he pulled it from the Brady course. I thought he meant the course near my in-laws house near Brady, WA. No, actually, he meant the course at Brady Park - in TEXAS!

The disc he had was the very first disc I ever won in a tourney (Gawain's last Ice Bowl). I threw it at Trojan on hole 10, thinking that I couldn't possibly flip a Surge. Apparently I was wrong, as the disc landed itself in the middle of the pond. Of the many discs I have lost out there, that was one of only two that I have ever really wanted back. I let the guy keep it, as it sounds like he belongs to a group of huckers down there that are similar to the 'Nation - they rigged a rake to help them pull discs out of the river, and then they call back the people who lost them.

Though there is no way I can accurately pin this on Brian, it seems like he would be the most likely culprit in my disc somehow ending up in Texas. However, whoever was responsible for that, thanks, ass.

~Z

I will now resume trying to stay out of local disc politics...

I made no secret of the fact that 3 of us went to the swamp all last year. I was the only 1 of the three that actually returned the portion of discs I found. The other 2 traded off discs to whomever and never called on the discs. I took the heat and hate, and yet returned dozens of discs, they get no hate and they kept all their discs. Makes sense. maybe you can take me off the list of people who stole your discs. Only at the very beginning did I not call on discs.. and even then I went back and called on all of the ones I didn't cross names out on.

*EDIT*

I might consider letting you know who they are as well, I have been very grievously dissed by both of them so I have no reason to protect them. message me I might reply back if I am feeling particularly vengeful.
                            Last edited by Brian; April 6th, 2009, 12:24 PM. Reason: added stuff

Comment

If they have any discs with "snap" or "robinhood" or the likes, yeah send me a PM... and for those who lost discs at the memorial and see your name on the lost and found list at spinners on the green website, let me know ASAP! I already am getting brody cannon, kent smothers, and sean phillips discs..

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
                                and for those who lost discs at the memorial and see your name on the lost and found list at spinners on the green website, let me know ASAP! I already am getting brody cannon, kent smothers, and sean phillips discs..

is there a link?
                                "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X