X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So hole 6 is a big anny or side arm I guess? Hmm. Might be taking the safe route on that myself. I just don't have enough faith in my sidearm right now. That being said our trip isn't for a while and I plan on working on it a bit.
    My favourite putter is my driver.

Comment

• Should be an easy sidey low hyzer flick for you. If I had a rotator cuff, I'd probably try that.

Funny: reaching for the mouse to post this, my shoulder popped.
      The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
      ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

• On hole six you throw over water, probably about 200' There is water on the left, so if you don't throw rhbh hard enough, it will fade into water. Accuracy is important, as there is a big tree that overhangs the water and protects the shoreline; if you hit that tree you will drop straight down and be wet. There is a narrow fairway to the right, but it isn't a clear shot - there are a fair number of trees. While it's safer, it is by no means a guaranteed 3.

It's a pretty well designed golf hole. Definately a risk/reward shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
          On hole six you throw over water, probably about 200' There is water on the left, so if you don't throw rhbh hard enough, it will fade into water. Accuracy is important, as there is a big tree that overhangs the water and protects the shoreline; if you hit that tree you will drop straight down and be wet. There is a narrow fairway to the right, but it isn't a clear shot - there are a fair number of trees. While it's safer, it is by no means a guaranteed 3.

It's a pretty well designed golf hole. Definately a risk/reward shot.
          ... and that overhanging tree appears to have suffered a little bit this winter and is maybe overhanging more than it used to be... I don't know, tho, as I've only played it the one time...

After my one round out there I came away feeling like it's a really great course, very enjoyable... the flow is excellent, the scenery couldn't be better, starts easy... finishes easy, but you must have faith in your discs and your skills or else you will suffer and end up in the water... before your throw (and #6 is a perfect example) you have to really believe that you will make it over the water, if you throw to weak and doubtful you'll lose your favorite disc...
          "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
          Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

• Originally posted by frizbeerose View Post
            the flow is excellent
            Hmm, which Trojan were you playing?
            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

• Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
              Hmm, which Trojan were you playing?
              mmm... the one that you don't like the flow of, I guess?

I like how it went very circularly (I was a creative writing major, I can use words like that) around the water...

Comment

• I played Trojan for the first time on Sunday with the map printed from online, there were a couple of long walks to the next hole, more than enough to confuse a first time player.
                Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

• Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
                  I played Trojan for the first time on Sunday with the map printed from online, there were a couple of long walks to the next hole, more than enough to confuse a first time player.
                  I guess there were a couple of longish walks... and now that I recall, dad and I did get a little bit confused on the back maybe between 12 and 13... but I guess the scenery and that groovy covered area were enough to keep me from minding too much... my home course, too, is a lot of walking... not long walk outs, but a good hike thru the woods, so I'm used to it I suppose...

Comment

• Originally posted by frizbeerose View Post
                    mmm... the one that you don't like the flow of, I guess?

I like how it went very circularly (I was a creative writing major, I can use words like that) around the water...
                    It flows well in some places, but not others. Holes 2-8 are great, as is 10-12, and 14-18. There are huge walkouts to holes 9, 10, 13.

Comment

• The beauty and feel of the course make walk outs not a big deal, in my eyes.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
                        It flows well in some places, but not others. Holes 2-8 are great, as is 10-12, and 14-18. There are huge walkouts to holes 9, 10, 13.
                        ...yes... now that I'm remembering, we were a little unsure where to go for 9, too... and all the "false" teepads made it extra confusing (the little square pads of cement scattered all over the place)... regardless... I really liked the course... and I stand behind my liking of the flow, too... takes all kinds, right?

peace threw disc golf,
                        em

Comment

• The worst flow is actually after #12.
                          Oregon disc golf map

Comment

• Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                            The worst flow is actually after #12.
                            That's right. I keep forgetting that 13 has moved.

Comment

• There's a hole in a course near Vancouver (Canada) that when played in the touranment config of the course has some evil but easy water. The water is at about 300 and about 30 feet accross. There's also tress on both sides making the gap you need to hit about 30 feet wide. There's room to go over if you've got the 350 foot hyzer shot, but it needs to be pretty high when it coming down cause you can't really go too long either due to OB. Anyways, the point being. It's pretty easy to throw 340 and clear the water. But if you sketch yourself out you'll either go in the water or fall short and get a par. You just need to know you can hit it and have faith your disc what it's supposed to do (I throw a teebird there usually) and you can do it every time. Worry about the water and you'll end up in it.
                              My favourite putter is my driver.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chad_from_BC View Post
                                It's pretty easy to throw 340 and clear the water.

Is that Canadian footage or something?

Just kidding buddy, it's just that a lot of us can't get to 340 feet. You are at a totally different level in disc golf than I. Maybe I'll have to drive up and take some lessons from you.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X