X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
    That's too bad Emma, I remember that from yesterday, you were telling us (me and cefire) about that as you were leaving and we were just pulling up. We didn't find it unfortunately and we lost two discs each ourselves, nothing we cared about too much though.
    thanks for the empathy... I have learned my lesson, when near the water, no matter how much faith I may have in my own skills... don't throw your favorite disc... however, me and pinkie have been together for so long, I feel confident somehow he'll come back to me (yes, my pink disc is totally a boy!).

peace,
    em
    "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
    Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

• Originally posted by frizbeerose View Post
      thanks for the empathy... I have learned my lesson, when near the water, no matter how much faith I may have in my own skills... don't throw your favorite disc... however, me and pinkie have been together for so long, I feel confident somehow he'll come back to me (yes, my pink disc is totally a boy!).

peace,
      em
      That hole is evil. EVery disc I have lost on that hole (and there have been a few) have been on really nice and seeminly safe throws that took a giant skip, crazy roll, or wonky bounce off a tree.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
        That hole is evil. EVery disc I have lost on that hole (and there have been a few) have been on really nice and seeminly safe throws that took a giant skip, crazy roll, or wonky bounce off a tree.
        seriously! deceptively simple and straightforward! it was a lovely little toss and then this radioactive tree jumped out of the pond and bitch slapped my disc down into the freakishly deep depths of that stinky murkishness... ah, well, now I know better... and maybe it was time for me and pinkie to move on, anyway... my game has advanced and grown quite a bit in the four years I've had that disc...

peace,
        em

Comment

• And it helps Swampthing get through these periods when the real estate market is on the skids.
          The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
          ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

• I'm planning to play this course in May when I come to Oregon (oregon virgin) for a DG trip and Beaver State visit. Should I bring backups of my entire bag I don't care about losing. I've seen videos and it looks awesome but there's so much water.
            My favourite putter is my driver.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chad_from_BC View Post
              I'm planning to play this course in May when I come to Oregon (oregon virgin) for a DG trip and Beaver State visit. Should I bring backups of my entire bag I don't care about losing. I've seen videos and it looks awesome but there's so much water.

depends how good is your 250' straight game?

do you like throwing scary routes?

being a virgin to the course for TDG a couple years ago, i only lost 2 discs and 1 was a frikken 150' upshot

it has a lot of water, but there are safe routes on every hole.......so extras would be good if you wanna huk extra shots/routes other wise throw it str8 and safe you will be good.

You can also just huk to your hearts content at Trojan and stop in to Disc Golf Depot on you way to Milo and re-stock your bag.

"In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

• Haha. Stop and restock eh. I. I have 3-4 discs in my I consider replaceable with new ones. The others are too special/worked in. I'll probably bring back ups of all my favourite molds on the trip for holes with water that I'm not 100% of my skill on. That being said, if there's a hyzer line I can hit 275 every time. If it's a low straight shot I'm pretty much good to 225. Time will tell. I'm hoping my low straight game is at a consistant 300 feet by the trip.

Comment

• Just played my first round at Trojan yesterday, fun times but I lost two discs. Problem throwing alts is that you usually don't know quite how they will fly.

Anyway, had both a beat Star Wraith and a Champ Coyote hyzer out on the first water hole (#6 I think) if anyone finds them, would be sweet to get at least the Coyote back.
                  'Weekend 4 Women':
                  Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
                  Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

• I'll take the coward's par on six, thankyouverymuch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
                      I'll take the coward's par on six, thankyouverymuch.
                      Lol. How much water do you need to clear.

Comment

I have a chronic condition called, "decrepit old man arm." I've made that annie shot a few times and never plunked one there yet. With my best annie drive, I'm still looking at a low-percentage putt. Here's my deal> When I started playing the coward at Trojan, my scores dropped dramatically. I took that as a sign from Blinky the Three-Eyed Fish and I've never looked back. Someday I'm going to get a par round there.

On edit:
                        Originally posted by Chad_from_BC View Post
                        Managed to hit about 475 and keep it straight and 8-10 feet off the ground almost the whole way.
                        I can see we're talking about a different game here.
                        Last edited by Ol' Bob; February 9th, 2010, 08:51 AM.

Comment

• Well maybe it was more like 12-15 feet, I dunno it seemed real low. Lol. If you're referencing my different quotes in distance from the two threads, I can't hit 475 all the time and it sure as hell isn't predictable as to where it's going to go hah

Comment

• Well then, bring floating plastic and a small boat.

Comment

There is never a huge expanse of water to clear... I played it safe and comfortably made it over the water in most cases... #11 I hit an unexpected tree and #6 I was just too scared and didn't have enough faith in my annie... the deal is, this is not a beginner course, and it would be pushing it to call it an intermediate course... the water gets in your head and tightens you up and there are other well placed obstacles as well... next time I go out I'm just going to bring a bunch of old throw away eclipses and use those near the water if there's also tree obstacles until I learn the fairways and lines a little bit better... I would say your first time out, just for your head game, bring plenty of spare plastic.

peace threw disc golf,
                              emmarose

Comment

• Originally posted by frizbeerose View Post
                                ...this is not a beginner course...
                                Tell that to the core membership of TrojanNation and remember, life originally crawled out from the water.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X