X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by E-ROC View Post
    I just wanted to send out a huge thank you to Brian for his disc diving efforts. I was so impressed to see disc after disc recovered as soon as they were thrown in the drink. Cheers to you Brian, you are the man!!!!
    Agreed. Watching the dude pull disc after disc out of the muck was like watching a magician practicing his craft.

Well done!

Comment

• Apparently pulling junk out of a swamp is my calling! Perhaps I should move down south and catch catfish with my barehands?

Comment

• I managed to play two rounds at Trojan yesterday and didn't lose a thing in the water (yeah, I stuck around and played a second round after the tournament was over. I had so much fun I wasn't ready to go home), but I did lose one in the brush during warm-ups in the morning. Hole 16, on the left. Went in really early. There are two decent sized trees about 100' up the fairway; the disc went in just to the left of the first one. It was fairly hot, so it probably went in a ways. I looked for a few minutes right away, and then for a little bit longer later that day.

If you happen to be in the area looking for it, walk a few extra feet towards the water and you'll see a HUGE beaver lodge; probabably about three feet tall and 8-10' diameter. Nice!

By the way, the disc is a yellow champion orc with a Kokopelli dye.

Comment

• Lost Orange TeeBird in pond (I think on hole 11 - near bank, three-quarters down fairway). Name and number on inside rim.
          "Operator! Give me the number for 911! " - Homer S.

Comment

• It was pulled out of the lake and taken to tourney central. I picked it up, hoping to save you the trouble of looking through that giant pile, but then I didn't see you for the rest of the day. It's in my car. Are you going to be at TT this week?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
              It was pulled out of the lake and taken to tourney central. I picked it up, hoping to save you the trouble of looking through that giant pile, but then I didn't see you for the rest of the day. It's in my car. Are you going to be at TT this week?
              I'm planning to be at TT. Thanks for picking up the disc.
              "Operator! Give me the number for 911! " - Homer S.

Comment

• Anyone know the whereabouts of a max-weight champion first run boss with rainbow stamp - clearly marked with Trey Morgan and his contact details?

It was recovered and returned to the pile of lost discs, but somehow evaporated before Trey could get a hold of it.

No questions asked on safe return...

Comment

• There were a couple discs that vanished from the pile .. including one for Carrie Coleman. I think someone came through looking for discs in good shape. I am not happy about that. I hope all goes well and it was only someone pulling it out for the owners .. but why would they do that when the owners were there? I am not stoked on this. I also had an unmarked star boss vanish from my pile on the shore when I was in the water on Saturday. Those are just the ones I remember, I can't keep track of what-all was pulled out so I have no idea if others were nabbed also.

Comment

• Lost on saturday at trojan, Red Element on hole 6(I marked the spot with a stick hoping to come back to it...)& a Purple Boss with big letters "BENDY II" written on it on hole 12 2nd shot. Both should have my name and number on them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian View Post
                      There were a couple discs that vanished from the pile .. including one for Carrie Coleman. I think someone came through looking for discs in good shape. I am not happy about that. I hope all goes well and it was only someone pulling it out for the owners .. but why would they do that when the owners were there? I am not stoked on this. I also had an unmarked star boss vanish from my pile on the shore when I was in the water on Saturday. Those are just the ones I remember, I can't keep track of what-all was pulled out so I have no idea if others were nabbed also.
                      I grabbed the one for Carie and gave it to her when I got back to Pier. Sorry for the confusion.
                      Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                      Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                      Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                      Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                      Or does here stand the last remaining man
                      To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                      No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                      Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                      Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

• I know that Carie's red candy disc with protoype "Discraft" stamp was pulled to be returned to her personally because she was not in the same pool. Maybe she will post here to confirm she received it. Perhaps the Star Boss owner pulled his/her own disc from your found stack (although I believe it is a violation of PDGA rule to use or even carry an unmarked disc) on the shore, but s/he should have let you know.

Say Brian, did you happen to find ANOTHER neon lime green FLX Buzzz in the canal off hole 8 pin high? Thanks for returning the first one, don't ask why I dunked another, because I don't know! Did the tournament give you a gift in thanks for your massive contribution? I hope they did, and that it was something very cool!
                        Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                        Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                        Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                        Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                        Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

• Did the tournament give you a gift in thanks for your massive contribution? I hope they did, and that it was something very cool![/QUOTE]

No kidding... I saw his legs afterwards and they were not pretty, red and infected with about 30-40 scratches, along with unpleasant looking bruising. I hope you have a rascal to ride around on while you recover...

Comment

• I would say they gave me some VERY cool stuff! Sam really came through with a shocker. He talked to a bunch of people I had retrieved discs for and they gathered enough to buy me a full color fund raiser disc!!!! It is so sweet I am going to snuggle with it at bed time. We may even spoon .. not sure.

Yeah I got pretty messed up by those long grass patches. The thing is I thought the grass was just irritating my skin. but in fact it was tearing me to shreds. I have dozens and dozens of slices all up and down my legs from those horrible grass blades. The second day there was way better, because I knew not to go through the long grass LOL. It was my fault for not knowing.

I just got done washing all the 60+ discs I took home. Now tomorrow I will be calling on as many as I can and then also the next day as well. There were some with just a name and no number so i will post a bunch on here to see if anyone knows them.

Comment

• I got my disc back! It was a sweet disc and I appreciate that Jordan grabbed it for me...though, I was sweating it out when it wasn't on the tournament table Sunday. Did I mention how awesome that disc was? JPink was thrilled that it was found.

Comment

• Yeah it was a nice disc, I can't remember what it was but it looked cool and was like new.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X