X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trojan hole 11

Only made one sacrifice at Trojan this morning.

Hole 11, almost pin high. Between the last tree on the fairway and the basket, probably a little closer to the tree. Just off the shore.

Yellow Star Max, custom dyed.

Name and number are on the back.

Originally posted by Scott View Post
    Yellow Star Max
    Isn't that kind of a lot of disc for Trojan #11??
    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
      Ah geez, here we go again..

Remember, what works for one person may not work for another.

In this case, my drive off the tee went too high and hit the first trees, dropping straight down about 1/3 of the way to the pin. I'm fairly adept and very confident about throwing fast, overstable discs at slow speeds to make a controlled forehand approach. Worked like a charm, too. I hit the fairway just past the tree on the left side of teh fairway - exactly where I wanted it to. Sadly, the disc took a giant skip over the fairway and just made the water.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
        Ah geez, here we go again..

Remember, what works for one person may not work for another.

In this case, my drive off the tee went too high and hit the first trees, dropping straight down about 1/3 of the way to the pin. I'm fairly adept and very confident about throwing fast, overstable discs at slow speeds to make a controlled forehand approach. Worked like a charm, too. I hit the fairway just past the tree on the left side of teh fairway - exactly where I wanted it to. Sadly, the disc took a giant skip over the fairway and just made the water.
        Or that disc could be thrown by a big arm on the hyzer line out over the canal hoping to return to the fairway after all of the trees... I've been known to donate plastic that way on hole #11...
        Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
        Remain ye men of faculty complete,
        Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
        Attending to our noble bond and contract?
        Or does here stand the last remaining man
        To give a fig for rules and order yet,
        No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
        Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
        Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
          I will probably throw a lighter destroyer up the gut and hope to land up by the last tree in the middle of the fairway. It's about what disc you can control over that ~250 feet more than overpowering a disc that might not make it much past that distance, in my opinion.
          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

I vote for the fast overstable hyzer out over the water myself. Only because it is pure awesome when you don't make contact with the trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
              I vote for the fast overstable hyzer out over the water myself. Only because it is pure awesome when you don't make contact with the trees.
              Leopard up the gut
              Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
              Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
                I seem to recall Hagerty and Romito taking an ungodly number on this hole at one of the fundraiser RCO doubles events last year or the year before. Aternate shot, I think? something like... an 11?
                ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

I will never understand the attempt to birdie every hole. Two mid-range shots up the gut, putt out for a three. Move to the next hole. Trojan is more about course management than most other courses around here. I don't think there is any other course that MAKES you play within your own game more than it does - or makes you pay the price for not knowing your own boundaries. It is for this reason alone that I was glad to see it included in the RCO last year, and am glad it is being utilized again.

It also makes me smile to see that a single hole on that course has warranted its own thread.

TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

Comment

Originally posted by zippyboy View Post
                    I will never understand the attempt to birdie every hole. Two mid-range shots up the gut, putt out for a three. Move to the next hole. Trojan is more about course management than most other courses around here. I don't think there is any other course that MAKES you play within your own game more than it does - or makes you pay the price for not knowing your own boundaries. It is for this reason alone that I was glad to see it included in the RCO last year, and am glad it is being utilized again.

It also makes me smile to see that a single hole on that course has warranted its own thread.

That's because the hole is excellent! Risk-reward makes the best holes in golf. Do you try to gun the hole around the outside for the deuce or do you play conservatively and get your par? How you answer that question can determine how your round will finish...

Comment

It is my hope that EVERYONE (but me) guns for that SUPER EASY birdie on hole 11. In fact, birdies are equally easy on six and eight.

And Jordan, can you believe the number of people that can't birdie hole 5? Strange. I mean, we've both done it...
                      TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

Comment

It is my hope that EVERYONE (but me) guns for that SUPER EASY birdie on hole 11. In fact, birdies are equally easy on six and eight.

And Jordan, can you believe the number of people that can't birdie hole 5? Strange. I mean, we've both done it...
                        The Zipster is very funny. My birdie on hole 5 is one of my greatest shots in disc golf. Right up there with my ace on hole 3 at Dalaiwood for $156 for my first PDGA tourney ace!

Comment

I'm right there with you. In fact, the shot that dropped that hole in two for me is second only to my only ace - hole #1 at the Lucky Mud. I just want everybody to try their hardest to match that feat...

Comment

How is hole five a par 3?

Comment

I usually get a HUGE drive on that hole and I have only 3'd it once! I have gotten the SUPER EASY bird on 11 many times now, without taking the wide route.
                              Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
                              Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X