X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost at Terrace Creek (MLT)

Sigh.. Another disc lost! This time it is right off of Hole 12 - in the wooded area to the right - below the basket. It's a white/glow disc with the Oregon Deaf Disc Golf Association Championship logo on it.. My name and number is on it, but I prefer an email if possible (I believe my email address is also on there).

If anyone has found Steve (deafrocker67), please let me know, so I can pass the message on to him. He had lost a disc on hole 17 (Sunday) and his son Justin had lost a disc on hole 13 - it might had gone down the valley behind the blackberries.

We all really appreciate it! Thanks again!
    Practice - Practice - Practice -- Doing what I can to keep it on the fairway _ at least I try to!
    DDGA #202; WDDGA #37; ODDGA #47 ; PDGA #38171

I am staying three blocks away from that course in Terrace, I'll take a look in the morning for you, I lost 4-5 discs here in the past month, one I forgot to pick up, leaving it in the open field on hole five. It seems like the people who play here don't return discs. Just to be clear, hole twelve in the one near the basketball court right?
    Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Crystal, I went ahead and fixed the title of this thread, hope you don't mind.

Sillybizz, hole 12 is the big uphill shot, leading up towards the basketball courts. Like any course, it all depends on who finds your disc. So long as there's contact info on there, and one of the people from the "good crowd" finds it, we'll give you a call or at the very least turn it in to Lowell. (If you see his white van out there, ask if you can look through his lost discs, it can't hurt).

But yeah, I'd say that at least 90% of the discs I've lost over the years haven't come back to me, not just at Terrace, but all over. On the flip side though, Kyle (desert_heat20) found one of my discs the other day that I lost like 4-5 months ago, so you never know. (thanks again, Kyle)
      Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Thanks for the info Tim, I was going to start looking for that disc at the wrong hole, I forget the hole numbers sometimes since the course has been changed so much since I first started playing it many years ago.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Tim, SillyBuzz, and Kyle.. thank you! I will visit with Lowell when I can. He's a wonderful guy.. That reminds me I should tell Steve about that so he can ask Lowell next time. Thanks!
          Practice - Practice - Practice -- Doing what I can to keep it on the fairway _ at least I try to!

Comment

I left/lost a wolf in Sacto back in 2000, A couple of years later I got a call about the same disc now it was at De La. Then last week I got another call about the same disc and it was in Colorado.
            rewindb.com

Comment

You lost it again, or you let the people keep them that called you?

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

It was a Wolf. Why would he want it back?
                Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

I took a look for the disc, I had forgot how many stickers were in that area, I shouldn't have worn shorts! No luck, sorry. I am planning on playing back in there today sometime and I'll give it another shot, I hate lost plastic, mine or anyone else. Did it land to the right of that basket below the new teepad for 13 or was it more down the hill towards the teepad for 12?

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
                    It was a Wolf. Why would he want it back?
                    What's wrong with a wolf?

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

It tends to run away to the right and never comes back when you call for it... hard headed animals!

Comment

Nothing wrong with a Wolf. A disc can never be wrong. It's just that there about 25,894 other models I would prefer. I admit that no disc is both long AND accurate, but a disc should have at least ONE of those two properties!
                        Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                        Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                        Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                        Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                        Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

I fail to understand why you would put your name and number on something you don't want back or why you were throwing it to begin with if you don't like it.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
                            I took a look for the disc, I had forgot how many stickers were in that area, I shouldn't have worn shorts! No luck, sorry. I am planning on playing back in there today sometime and I'll give it another shot, I hate lost plastic, mine or anyone else. Did it land to the right of that basket below the new teepad for 13 or was it more down the hill towards the teepad for 12?
                            As you walk up the hill from the 12th tee pad to the basket, you'll see the wood area to your right.. it is in there.. yeah.. watch out for those blackberries!

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
                              I fail to understand why you would put your name and number on something you don't want back or why you were throwing it to begin with if you don't like it.
                              Most likely he liked it just fine but didn't think it was worth the postage and hassle to get it back from Colorado or DeLa.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X