X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost at Lakewood

Sigh! This weekend was not a good weekend for me.. I had lost three of my discs!
    I was playing the Lakewood Open this weekend and on Saturday at Hole B (next to the main lake) -- About 20 to 30 feet into the lake, my Yellow Champion Beast landed.. I am hoping someone will be lucky enough to find it and let me know so I can claim it. (I've already tried to get it, but ended up with a cut on the bottom of my foot which got infected.)

Today, during the final round, I had lost two more discs.. The first one landed in the pond behind the playground and near the #15 hole. Landed in here with a big splash that I didn't hear, about twenty to thirty feet in, my favorite PINK CHAMPION ROADRUNNER, yes the same one I had lost at Yauger Park. I did wade into the pond to try to get it, but I wasn't lucky at all. I hope that the pond will recede enough so that someone can get my disc. I would really appreciate it if I can get that one back.

My third disc I had lost was behind the tennis court at Tee #D -- however the good news is that I found it later that afternoon, so primary I would love to get my pink roadrunner back if possible. Thanks to everyone who help and pitch in.
    Thanks!
    Practice - Practice - Practice -- Doing what I can to keep it on the fairway _ at least I try to!
    DDGA #202; WDDGA #37; ODDGA #47 ; PDGA #38171

I am heading there tomorrow morning, I will give it shot for you and try and get it back.
    Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

SillyBuzz - Thanks! I appreciate all the effort..
      Practice - Practice - Practice -- Doing what I can to keep it on the fairway _ at least I try to!

Comment

No luck, sorry. I parked in the other parking lot after my round and took a look but I couldnt see it, I hope someoen gets it, losing plastic is such a bummer.
        Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

It is if you're hooked to it! I will just have to wait until the water level goes down enough for us to look for it. Just have faith..

Comment

I'm thinking about heading over to look for it today before all the crazy traffic hits Seattle area..

Comment

Crystal, keep in mind that the pond in question is not a healthy one. It's just a wide spot in the runoff path. If you do actually wade in their without a rubber suit, bring a gallon of clean water to wash the worst of the scum off.

I recommend staying away from that pond if you value your health.
              The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

I was just going to look at the little pond to see if the water had dropped enough for me to look to see if my disc was visible.. I know it is a drive for me to come over and just look.. Sigh.. Another time I guess.. just have to keep my fingers crossed!
                Thanks Chuck.. Do continue to keep an eye open for the lost discs.. Thanks again..

Comment

don't do it- you can't see anything in that pond. There have been a couple of folks that have dredged it too, so it may have moved on already. I'll ask around, though.

Comment

Originally posted by ChUcK View Post
                    Crystal, keep in mind that the pond in question is not a healthy one. It's just a wide spot in the runoff path. If you do actually wade in their without a rubber suit, bring a gallon of clean water to wash the worst of the scum off.

I recommend staying away from that pond if you value your health.
                    I recently got a call from a fellow (Michael - a good soul) saying that he'd found a disc of mine in the pond. He apparently went in to retrieve one of his own that he'd lost (and unfortunately didn't find it) but I believe he went IN. Like... for a friggin' swim! I've never. I've used my rubber boots while dredging and if I have a spillover into my boots I feel like I need to be treated at a hospital. Long story short, cheers to Michael! The man has some serious good karma coming his way!

Comment

Wow!!! Good job Michael!

I hope he does find a few others.. Thanks for the upbeat spirit of the news..

Comment

My good buddy J-Money went in with waders on. He found one of my first-run teerexes that went swimming >2 years ago.

and he found your roadrunner He'll give it to me next time we play (which is roughly weekly) and I'll either keep it safe for you, or I could mail it also. What's the next tourney you're planning on attending?
                        The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

OHHHHHHH!!!!! YOU! Oh.. I'm heading over! I can come over on Thursday next week or on Tuesday... do you play at MLT on Tuesdays? If so, I can try to catch you there... Thank you!!!!

Comment

I agree! We need more people with high quality fly fishing gear to do the "fishing for plastic".. they're wonderful folks!!! Yea!!!!!

Comment

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO TOOK THE TIME TO LOOK FOR THE DISCS! Most of all.. thanks to J-man! I appreciate it! Chuck.. You rock too!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X